Our weekend

This post will probably look a lot like last weekend's post, because we pretty much did the same things....went to breakfast, swam, and hung out at the house.  Most summer weekends are the same actually, but we like our routine, so we stick to it!  It is kind of nice not having a lot of plans and just being able to go with the flow.

Brady has turned into quite the swimmer!  He took swim lessons all last week, and I am amazed at how well he is doing for 2 years old!  The first day he cried the whole time, but as soon as he got out of the pool he was all smiles and told me, "I had fun momma!" Ok,  I would not have gotten that from the way he looked in the pool, but I'll take it!  The rest of the week he was a champ.  He did everything she asked him to and smiled the whole time.  By the end of the week he could swim all the way from one side of the pool to the other by himself.  He was so proud of himself.  I was sad that I didn't get to make it to his last lesson, because I had some important things going on at work, but I made Paul video tape it.  Brady has asked to watch his "movie" everyday now. He says, "I swim like a fish momma!"

Now that he has learned how to swim, he is NON STOP in the pool.  Not that he wasn't before, but he doesn't want to wear his swimmy, and he jumps in and swims to the steps about 50 times.  The plus side of this is that he is so worn out, he takes a very long nap :).


Thursday we celebrated two of our favorite people's birthdays, Uncle Dustin and Nanna!  Uncle Dustin was far away in Brazil, but we managed to talk to him briefly on the phone.  We had Nanna over for dinner and cupcakes!

The birthday girl!

Helping blow out the candle

They had spaghetti for dinner, so Brady always wears one of our t-shirts better known as his "spaghetti shirt"

You know this girl loves a cupcake
The rest of the weekend, like I said, consisted of swimming and just hanging out.  Those are the best kind of weekends.  Saturday morning we went to the pancake house with Paul's parents.



Throwing pennies in the fountain

Katelyn carries around this strainer and ice cream scoop everywhere she goes. She thought it was hilarious that I was telling her to say, "cheeeeese!"

Swimming to the ladder by himself! So proud!


Papa got him some goggles, and I honestly think he swims better with them on.


She comes for the snacks :)


Katelyn slept in until 9:15 on Sunday! (I wish she could teach her brother about sleeping in...)  I told Brady to go get her when she woke up.  I found them like this...He said he was reading her a book :). He is the sweetest big brother ever.  If you can't tell, she loves him a little bit too.



Heading to the pool!




The weekends go by too fast! Yay for a 4 day work week!!

1 comment:

  1. Cuties! What a great post! I can't believe Brady is swimming like crazy! Maybe he's taking a little after Aunt Blaire and we can teach him to say "Imma fish!" ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips