DuRant Beach Vacation/Father's Day

We dropped Riley off at his great grandparent's house (Geno and Grandma Fran) and headed to Garden City for Paul's family beach week last Saturday. I had really been looking forward to taking some time off work and catching up on some r&r at the beach. We had a great time. I am blessed to have married into such a wonderful family. We all have a great time together, and I especially enjoy getting to spend time with our niece and nephews. I hope that our kids are half as perfect as Walt, Emmie, and William. The kids are especially taken with Paul as he can still be a kid himself sometimes. Paul cooked us all a tenderloin one night, and it made his day when Walt told him, "Uncle Paul, you make the best steak in the world." It puts a smile on my face when I see how sweet and fun he is with all of the kids. Here are some pictures from our trip.

Me with all of our nephews and neices (Walt, William, and Emmie)

Boyd and Rutledge
(photo courtesy of Walt-he is quite the photographer)

Paul playing with Walt in the ocean

Maggie with William on his first trip to the beach!

Me and Paul on the way to dinner :)

Baby William




I also wanted to give a special shout out to all of the wonderful dads on Father's Day. I have a very close relationship with my dad, and I thank God everyday for blessing me with such a wonderful father. He loves his kids more than anything in the whole world, and this is apparent to anyone who knows him. I appreciate everything that he does for me. I don't know what I would do without him. I love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips