30 weeks, a shower, and a baby!

I am now 30 weeks along in my pregnancy!  I am not sure why, but this seems like a milestone.  Just 10 more weeks until my due date, and HOPEFULLY I get to meet my baby boy. (Note to baby: Feel free to come a little early if you need to, but I would really prefer to have an October baby than a November baby.  Can you make that happen for mommy?  Thank you.) I can't say that this pregnancy has flown by, because honestly, I feel like I have pregnant forever.  But, I hope that these next ten weeks (or LESS- no more) go by quickly.  I am so ready to hold and cuddle my baby.

This week has been a great one.  On Thursday, Baby DuRant's cousin was born, Caroline Fawcett DuRant!


We drove down to Charleston on Saturday to meet her.  She is absolutely beautiful and so sweet.  I was in heaven holding a newborn and thinking about how I will have my own baby in just a couple months.  We were so pleasantly surprised that she was a SHE.  We were afraid that the family was soon going to be taken over by boys.  I am glad we added a little girl to the mix :).

 Little angel

This week was also extra special, because today I had my second baby shower hosted by my friends.  It was so much fun, and we racked up on lots of good stuff.  I have the BEST friends by far and am so thankful for all of them. 

 Me with the hostesses!  These 4 girls have all been my best friends since elementary and middle school.  It is hard to believe that we are now grown up, and they are hosting a baby shower for me!

 Me and Annie!  I used to babysit for Annie and her two little brothers.  She was also the flower girl in my wedding.  I love her to pieces.  It is crazy to think that she will probably baby sit for my little boy one day.

Baby DuRant getting lots of love from all of his "aunts".  Can I just say that I have the most beautiful friends?  I can't say enough how thankful I am for each and everyone of you!

I forgot to take a picture of the gifts at the shower before I opened them, so I put them all on display when I got home.  I think this little boy is SET.

The nursery is so close to being finished!  I have had so much fun decorating and online shopping.  (Paul asked the UPS man if there was a way to cut off shipments to our house- whoops).  It is so awesome to be able to shop without even leaving the house, genius.  I am waiting on a few finishing touches and then I will post pictures.  Thanks again to everyone who came to my shower.  We are so blessed :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips