5 on Friday

1. I had Tuesday off of work for Veterans' Day, and we decided last minute to take a trip to the zoo.  It was such a beautiful day, and hardly anyone was there.  Brady had an upclose encounter with the gorilla which was pretty awesome, and Katelyn let us know that she clearly still hates the carousel.







This picture cracks me up every time I look at it.  Poor child.


2. The polar vortex is heading our way, and I am not happy about it.  I guess we better bust out the winter coats and scarves for the weekend.


Name that movie...


3. Speaking of the polar vortex, of course it would make it's appearance on the weekend that we are taking our family Christmas card pictures.  I hope it isn't too miserable out, and that we are able to get atleast a few cute ones.  I think I am going to wear this blouse with white skinny cords and knee high boots.




4. Santa has informed me that he is pretty much done with the toy preparation for our household.  I am pretty excited about this as our "Santa" is usually pretty last minute around here.  I think we are going to have two pretty excited little children come Christmas morning.  I will give you one clue:





5. Last and most importantly there is a family I want you to keep in your prayers.  There is a little girl named Eliza who lives in my town.  She was diagnosed with a rare, terminal genetic disease called Sanfilippo Syndrome.  However, there is a treatment that can save her life- the only problem is the cost.  Her family has been on a mission to raise the money to save their daughter.  They have decided to end their efforts on her 5th birthday THIS Sunday 11/16 in order to focus more time on enjoying their daughter.  Their hope is to raise the remaining money needed by Sunday to fund her treatment.  I cannot even begin to imagine how I would feel if this was one of my children.  I donated, and I hope you will find it in your heart to give too.  You can donate at www.savingeliza.com.  I feel the least I can do is spread the word and hope that I play a small role in saving this beautiful little girl's life.


3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous day you had for the zoo! A Christmas Story is one of our favorite Christmas movies so a few years ago I bought an ornament matching the picture you posted - makes me laugh every time I see it! Your picture outfit sounds pretty perfect and you can always throw a cute vest over it if it's super chilly outside! Prayers for sweet little Eliza....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That carousel picture is HILARIOUS! You should send it to Ellen. She loves that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun at the zoo! Well, besides the traumatic carousel ride ;) That picture is too funny! Saying lots of prayers for that sweet girl and her family!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips