Halloween weekend

It seems like my weekend posts have been bumped back to Tuesday lately, because we have been so busy that Sunday night is spent laying on the couch watching TV.  I just don't have the brain power to put together a blog post.  I am actually feeling very well rested after daylight savings time.  I hated it on Sunday, because it felt like the LONGEST DAY EVER.  My kids always miss the memo on the extra hour of sleep, so Brady woke up at 4:30 and after a short temper tantrum we made him get in the bed with us and go back to sleep. (I normally would have made him go back to his room, but we were staying at the beach house, and I didn't want him to wake Katelyn up too, so I just let it happen.)  He only then asked me 15 times if he could have his milk now.  Then, Katelyn woke up at 6 screaming, because she was scared not knowing where she was.  Since Brady had fallen back asleep I took her downstairs and drank coffee and watched the sunrise.  It was so pretty!  I wanted to walk outside, but it was freezing (literally) outside, so I didn't want to take Katelyn out there.  Then, we left Charleston at about 10:45, so Katelyn slept the whole way home which meant no nap the rest of the day.  I was seriously counting down until bedtime starting at like 4pm...Sunday night we got in bed at about 9, and I felt so well rest Monday morning though.  So, that is a plus!

Beautiful sunrise

Don't let this picture fool you.  Katelyn will only sit like this for 3.5 seconds before she is off!

But, we did have a great weekend in Charleston!  We had Paul's cousin's wedding on Saturday, so we decided since we were heading down there anyway that the kids would probably have a better time trick or treating with their cousins on Daniel Island instead of around our neighborhood.  To say they loved it is an understatement!  They both had so much fun and racked up on lots of candy.  Katelyn had this thing down and would just grab handfuls at a time.  Brady being the rule follower that he is (usually atleast) would only take one piece.  That means Katelyn's basket had about twice as much as his.  So funny and so typical of their personalities.

We started the night off with a little pizza party at Paul's brothers house.  Then, we hit the road for some trick-or-treating.  I have never seen so many kids in my life.  It made Paul and I start seriously considering moving to Charleston. I have always wanted to live in Charleston, and I really hope to make that happen one day.  I am just not sure how soon that will be.  If we could just hit the lottery and not have to worry about jobs...

Passed out on the ride there.


My little mouse counting her candy.


She went down the slide about 20 times.


The whole crew! 
Brady and Henry

Apologies to the CaWoods for using their porch for a photo op.

Brady loved all the spookie decorations and wanted "touch" everything.


My mom came with us!

All worn out after some serious trick or treating.

Saturday the wedding was at 3pm, so we were trying to figure out what we could do until then.  We attemped to go on a golf cart ride to the park, but it was FREEZING!  We made it maybe 2 minutes and turned around. Brady got upset for a minute, but then said, "Maybe we should go play in Henry's playroom where it's warm."  That sounded like a great idea to us!  Then he also said, "I didn't want my sister to be cold."  He is just the most caring big brother.  So, we headed to Henry's house to play which worked out great.  We didn't stay too long, because we needed to get lunch and head home for Katelyn to take a nap before the wedding.  That plan was a bust, because she fell asleep for about 45 minutes in the car and then would not go back to sleep.

Way too cold for golf cart riding.



This was Brady and Katelyn's first wedding, and they did really well.  We did take Katelyn out not because she was crying, but she just wouldnt sit still (imagine that), and she was talking up a storm.  She kept babbling "Baba, Baba, Baba"  I didn't understand what she was saying at first, but figured out she was saying, "Papa". He was sitting several rows in front of us, and she spotted him.  She is really loving her Papa these days :).

There were a couple of hours between the wedding and the reception, so we stopped by my mom's new house on James Island.  It is so pretty, and has some gorgeous views!

We didnt stay at the reception too long, because the kids were pretty worn out, but these 2 defintely love a party.  They especially love a party with their cousins.  When we left Brady said he had fun at Coco's birthday party- haha.



Brady had to take a little rest at the reception.

Waiting on their valet service to pick them up.


Whew- that was a long post.  It was a jam packed weekend, but definitely one for the books! The Halloween decorations have been taken down (much to Brady's dismay), and now on to the next holiday...

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips