Home Tour: Great Room

I have been wanting to post pictures of our new house on my blog, but then I always decide not to because it's not exactly the way I want it yet.  I finally decided that you know what, it will always be a work in progress, but I am very happy with it the way it is.  There is still plenty more to be done, but there are only so many hours in the day and money in our pockets to do everything that I would like.  So, I am going to slowly, but surely start our home tour!

A lot of people have asked me how the building process was and if we would do it again.  I can honestly say that for the most part we enjoyed it, and I think we probably will build another house in the future.  There is just something special about designing a house that is perfect for OUR family and being able to pick out every last detail.  I learned a lot about building, and I am sure there are some things we would do differently next time, but I could not be happier with how our house turned out.  It really is my dream house.

So, why not start with the room where we spend most of our time?  We did have a decorator who helped us through the process, and I can say that it was very helpful.  I would like to say that I have good taste, but sometimes it is hard for me to put together what I am envisioning.  Evon Kirkland Interiors did a great job of helping me bring my visions to reality.

Turquoise is my favorite color, and you will notice it through out the house.  The furniture, art, and accents in this room make me so happy!  I love a clean, uncluttered look.  The vaulted ceiling in here is one of my favorite details in our house.







I was obsessed with these chests as soon as I saw them in the store and knew I had to have them in my house somewhere.  I think they work perfectly in front of these windows.

I didn't think I would like the mustard colored lamps, but as soon as we put them on the chests I LOVED them!


Picture frames are from Target

Photo books that I look at often



Bowl from Home Goods

This is one of my favorite pictures ever.  I feel like this was right before Brady turned from "baby" to little boy.  The frame is from Hobby Lobby.


The garden stools were a perfect option for us as we didn't want something that took up too much space, but we needed somewhere to sit drinks, etc.  These are my favorite color too which is always a plus.



These pictures could not have been more perfect in this room.  I just love them more every time I look at them.


I actually bought these pillows before we even bought furniture or finished the house, but I just knew I had to have them.  I love the way they look on these chairs.


This wall still needs some work.  I envision some family pictures and a chair over here somewhere.  These 2 lime green chairs are Paul's parents that we used when we had people over and needed more seating, but we kind of like them so we left them there for now.  Paul has always wanted a leather recliner, and I really would mind one over there if we find the right one.


I opted for a fabric ottoman rather than a coffee table, and I love it.  It doesn't get junked up like I feel like our coffee table used to, and it can provide extra seating if necessary.  I also don't have to worry about the kids bumping their heads on a sharp corner.  It's a win, win, and I love the pattern we picked out.




Like I said, it is still a work in progress, but I am still so happy with the progress we have made!  My wish list for this room include:

1. A simple rug
2. A tray for the ottoman
3.  Family picture either framed or canvas for the blank wall
4. A comfy chair for the other side of the couch
5. A small table or garden stool in between the two chairs to sit drinks on

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!! The ceiling - gorgeous! How fun to build your own dream house, I hope that is in our future one day! I think you've sold me on the ottoman :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips