These moments

Pretty much every night when we put Brady to bed he lays in his bed talking to himself for a while.  He is usually talking to his stuffed animals, and most of the time I have no idea what he is saying.  But, typically about 30 minutes later I hear, "Momma, I have to go peepee!"  A lot of the time this is actually true, as I will take him to potty, and it was clear that he really did have to go.  Sometimes though, it is just a simple tactic to have momma come upstairs one more time.  Either way, I secretly enjoy it. 

What I most enjoy about it is that when I come up there he is standing on his bed with his bunny and doggie in hand waiting for me, and he smiles from ear to ear and says, "Hey momma!"  in his sweetest little voice.  I walk over to his bed and scoop him up in my arms. He then lays his head on my shoulder and quietly tells me, "I love you so much momma.  I is your baby, momma.  I always be your baby, momma."  I then take him to potty, and afterwards he wants, "just a little bit sip of water momma."  So, I fill up one of those mini plastic cups we keep in the bathroom, and he takes a little sip of water.  We then head back to his bed where I lay him down, put his diaper back on, and he scurries back up to his pillow.  I cover him up, run my hand through his hair, and kiss his soft cheeks.  I tell him, "Night night, I love you sweet boy."  "I love you so much momma," he says.

These are the precious moments I never want to forget.



1 comment:

 
Blogging tips