Thoughts on Thursday

Let me just say that thankfully today is Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday, and more importantly it is no longer Wednesday.  Yesterday was not a good day for me.  It started off with me shaking up the coffee creamer (after I was dressed for work) when the lid was not on all the way causing me to then be covered in coffee creamer.  Brady made the situation a little better by telling me, "It's ok momma, you not mean to."  Then, after I changed into my new outfit he told me, "You look pretty momma!"  When him and daddy handed me my new cup of coffee (because Brady always likes to deliver me my coffee) he told me, "Don't do it again momma."  Ok buddy, thanks for the pick me up, and I certainly will try not to do that again.

Right after this fiasco I opened my bathroom drawer to dry my hair only to discover that a travel sized shampoo had somehow been spilled all in my drawer.  Needless to say, it was not a good start to the morning.

Then we had a conference call at work that started out with ALL employees are going to receive a bonus December 15th- heck yes right?  Until he then announced UNLESS you receive some kind of sales incentive already.  So with me being a commissioned employee, the verdict is still out on if I actually qualify for this bonus. Yup, it was day.

But, I won't wallow in my bad day, I just welcome Thursday with open arms!

I got my Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and JCrew sale items in the mail, and I was super excited about them.



These Hudson skinny jeans are awesome.  They fit like a glove, are so comfortable, and the perfect length.  I also go this elbow patch sweater for under $30!  You can't beat that.  I think I may have to go pick up another color. It is the perfect light weight for fall in the south.  The shoes are old Jessica Simpson wedges, and the bag is from TJ Maxx for $30 :). (I know you like my little photo bomber and the fact that this mirror has still not been hung on the wall.)


I'm also loving this studded tank from the JCrew sale.  I picked up these Kendra Scott earrings in gray as well, but I won't share the awkward, upclose and personal picture of my ear that I attempted to take.  They are the perfect fall accessory.  By the way, did you know that Ebates gives 10% cash back on purchases from Nordstrom!  I just about fell out of my seat when I saw that.  I was expecting 2-4%, but nope 10%.  Sign up here if you aren't a member.  All you do is go through their web site when you are online shopping, click the retailer you want, and boom they will send you a check in the mail.

Katelyn tried her first pickle last night, and she loved it.  I am not sure where these 2 pickle loving kids come from, because I hate a pickle!



We had cupcakes for dessert on Tuesday night just because.  If you want to know the way to my heart, it is through a good cupcake.



I think I have been convinced to take a trip to Carowinds tomorrow with Brady and his 5 cousins.  That is 6 kids ages 8 and under- say a prayer for us.  I was not sure about taking Brady, because I am not sure how much he will really be able to do, but he just has so much fun with his cousins I couldn't deny him.  Has anyone been to Carowinds with an almost 3 year old and have any thoughts/suggestions on what to do??

Linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.

Thoughts for Thursday

6 comments:

  1. Cupcakes for everyone! I truly believe they could bring world peace lol. I'm glad things are getting better and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Glad that day is behind you! Fab purchases! I want those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww- cupcakes are AMAZING!! Hope your week gets progressively better!!!!

    XO SArita
    www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, cupcakes! Brady sounds like such a sweetie and momma's boy. And I can totally relate to the spillage... I dumped my much needed coffee all over the carpet the other morning and it was just awful. Hope things brighten up for you!

    Stopping by from Thoughts for Thursday link up!
    www.houseofhupfs.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm those cupcakes look amazing! Love your Nordstrom picks, I need to check out those elbow patch sweaters because they are super cute! Hope your day was much better today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up!! So glad I found your blog, your kids are adorable. I hope the rest of your week was better than your Wednesday. Love all your Norstrom/J.Crew sale finds. Cupcakes are the way to my heart too.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips