Just another day at the lake and the rest of our weekend

Oh how I love a 3 day weekend.  We had lots of fun over July 4th weekend.  Friday we went to the lake with my dad.  Brady had been looking forward to driving the boat all week.  It was a perfect day on the lake.  We got smart this time and took Katelyn's beloved bunny on the boat with us which meant she passed out in about 2 minutes flat.  I literally had the bunny tied on a string connected to my bathing suit.  If that thing got lost, we would be in some serious trouble. I took a million pictures as usual, so I will let them do the talking.







Cooling off in the lake.

A little blurry, but still so sweet.


The girls


This girl LOVES a popsicle.




We were debating about staying the night, but since they were both so tired we figured we would all get a better night's sleep at home.  We did do a couple of fireworks before we left even though it wasn't dark yet.  Brady seemed to really enjoy them, and Katelyn thought they were pretty funny.




Anyone ever seen the pooping dog firework?

Well, now you have- you're welcome.

First time doing a sparkler!




2 sleepy babies

Paul cooked us up some delicious steaks after the kids went to bed.  What is more American than some good ole steak and potatoes?
Saturday morning was so nice!  I'm talking in the 60s, so we decided to have breakfast on the porch.  We were playing music, and Katelyn was dancing.  I was singing until Brady told me, "I'm trying to eat Momma."  Clearly my vocals were causing him to have trouble eating.

After breakfast we headed outside for the rest of the morning.  We played in the driveway, went for a stroll, and played at the park while Paul did the yard. Sometimes I look at my children and think my heart is going to explode out of my chest. I have dreamed of being a mommy since I was a little girl, and when I look at them I just want to melt in a puddle of love. I think I could have 15 children.....ok maybe not that many.


That face..that bow..melting



My tan baby 
Chalk! Messy, but fun!


An interesting way to color with chalk?



We finished the weekend off with some good ole fun with the cousins.  Saturday afternoon we went to the pool and then had cheeseburgers for dinner at our house. Sunday morning we went to our favorite, The Pancake House, for breakfast.  I can't even explain how much Brady loves his cousins.  You should see the huge smile and the excitement that builds when we tell him they are coming to see him.  This boy loves hard.  Nothing makes him happier than being with his family.



I think it should be mandatory that every week be a 4 day work week in the summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips