Thoughts on Thursday

I decided to participate in my first link up this Thursday, so here I go!
Thoughts for Thursday



1. Katelyn is still not walking (at 13 months).  I am not worried at all.  Brady didn't even take his first real steps until he was 15 months old, and he wasn't using walking as his primary means of getting around until closer to 16 months.  They will do things at their own pace.  No need to rush as it makes her baby days last longer. (We know those days disappear in a flash!)

2. I am getting the itch to read a good book.  I will confess I am not much of a reader.  I prefer to sit and watch tv when I have free time in the evenings.  The only time I read is when I am on vacation, which is not often.  I am going to try to make an effort to turn off the tv and dive into a book instead. I just started Mary Kay Andrew's Ladies' Night .  So far, so good!




3.  We are going to Paradise- literally!!  Paul and I are going to Paradise Island to celebrate our 5 year anniversary at the end of August.  Yes, you read that right, just PAUL AND I.  I know it will be hard to leave the kids, especially Katelyn as we have never left her overnight, but I am so excited.  We need this time together, just the two of us.  Speaking of those books, I plan to have some good beach reads and enjoy relaxing on the beach.  I can smell the salty air now...


4.  August is going to be busy.  Speaking of August, I can't believe it is already July! We have something planned for every weekend in August including wedding showers we are hosting for 2 different friends, a family beach trip, followed by our anniversary trip mentioned above, not to mention the first Gamecock football game of the season.  How can we already be talking football?

5. I am a huge Harry Potter nerd.  I read all the books and watched all the movies except the very last one- need to change that soon! I watched the NBC special on the new Diagon Alley at Universal Studios, and I am dying to go.  I can't wait until Brady and Katelyn are a little older, and I can use them as an excuse take them there!




Those are my rambling thoughts on Thursday.  I hope everyone has a great 4th tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to find your blog and thank you for linking up. Your family is absolutely beautiful and adorable. We love paradise island and I know you will have a blast on your anniversary trip. Definitely take an easy read like Mary Kay Andrews to enjoy on the beach. I'm either all into reading books or not at all. And i'm in a "not at all" phase right now! Have a happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips