Thoughts on Thursday: Summer Goals

Is it too late to make a list of summer goals when July is already almost half way over?  I figured better late than never right?

1. Read at least 3 books- For some of you this may sound silly, but for me that is a lot.  Like I said before, I am not much of a reader.  I just feel like my time is better spent doing something else (like watching Gossip Girl on Netflix- important stuff.)  I do like reading though, and once I get into a book I really enjoy it.  I am half way through the Mary Kay Andrews book I mentioned last week and for me that is some good progress in a week.

2. Start working out- I used to love to work out.  Going to the gym after work used to be my routine atleast 3 days a week, and I loved it.  I especially loved the classes as they didn't bore me like running on the tredmill.  Once I got pregnant with Brady, put on bedrest, and he was born I just fell into a new routine.  I lost my baby weight relatively easy without working out which is maybe why I wasn't too motivated to get back into it.  However, I just feel blah now and wish I was more toned and had more energy.  Going to classes after work is out of the question since that is my only time I get to spend with the kids during the week, but I am going to try to come up with a new routine.  Even if it is just going on a walk in the morning or the afternoon and doing some simple exercises at home - it's better than nothing.

3. Do some crafts with Brady- The internet and Pintrest can make you feel like an inadequate parent.  I am not one of these crafty moms and DIYers.  I wish I was, but I am not.  However, there are a couple little crafts I have my eye on that I would like to do with Brady specifically to help him learn his numbers, letters, shapes, and colors.  He is pretty good with the colors, but he can always use a refresher course :).

4. Finish/ start scrapbooks for last school year and Katelyn's first birthday- I have started working on a scrapbook of all their school pictures and artwork from last year.  I would like to make one for each year.  I also want to make one for Katelyn's first birthday.  I like photobooks, but there is just something about being able to touch printed pictures and save cute details from her party.  Although I'm not super crafty, I have always enjoyed doing stuff like that.

5. Finish decorating the upstairs- I have slowly but surely been hanging pictures, adding finishing touches, etc. to upstairs.   The upstairs consist of Brady and Katelyn's rooms, bathrooms, and playroom. I would like to have it completely done by the end of the summer.

6. Start meal planning- I am not the grocery shopper or the cook in our household, but for whatever reason Paul always insist that I make a list for him.  I feel like lately we haven't all been eating together as much as I would like.  A lot of days we just feed the kids something easy and then we eat later.  I think if we started planning out meals for the week we could be sure that we all eat together and eat the same things.  Lucky for us our kids are pretty good eaters, so this shouldn't be too hard to achieve.

7. Take Brady tubing at the lake- I'm not not talking like real tubing, you know the kind where you try to throw the kid off the tube.  I am just talking like him and daddy slowing being pulled behind the boat.  I think Brady would love this!

I think these are pretty attainable goals even if I'm getting started a little late!  I'm linking up again with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts on Thursday :).

Thoughts for Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Came over from the link up to say hello. I say heck yes to summer goals in July. Sounds like you're working on my timetable. Better late than never! Getting some decorating done is on my summer to do list, too! We've hosting a birthday party at the house for my daughter so I have some incentive to get things done. And we're expecting a baby in October so there's a nursery to decorate. Add in a big girl room for my daughter and my decorating to-do list is long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could probably 2nd all those goals!! I need to do all of that..read, scrapbook (digitally for me!), workout, and definitely meal plan! I'm so happy to have found your blog and your family is absolutely precious. Thanks for much for linking up with Natalie and I!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips