A recipe so easy I can make it

I don't keep it a secret that Paul is the cook in our house.  That is just one talent that I was not blessed with.  He rarely uses a recipe and just knows how to throw things together.  Since I am not very good at cooking, it is not something that I care to do too often.  So, I am very happy that Paul is good at it and enjoys it.  Occasionally I will get the urge to try a recipe I found.  I was searching on Pinterest and found this recipe for Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprouts.  It immediately caught my eye and sounded like something the whole family would like.  There weren't too many ingredients involved, and I felt certain I could handle this one.  I can say it turned out really well, and even better, the kids gobbled it up!

Recipe is as follows:

Pesto Pasta with Chicken Sausage and Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients:
-1 lb fresh brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
-3 Tbsp. olive oil
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp ground pepper
-1 lb penne pasta (this is what I used, but you can use whatever)
-4 chicken sausage links (I used apple chicken sausage, because I didn't want anything spicy that the kids wouldn't like)
-5 cloves garlic (didn't have fresh garlic, so had to use minced garlic)
-1/3 cup pesto
-parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  In a large bowl mix together brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil, then spread the brussel sprouts on it evenly. Roast for about 20-30 minutes, stirring once partway through or until they are crispy on the outside and cooked on the inside.


Ingredients

my helpers


Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, turning occasionally , until nearly browned, about 6-8 minutes.  Add the garlic and continue to cook for another 1-2 minutes.





Cook the pasta according to the package directions.  Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water (reserving 1/4 cup pasta water), and then toss together the pasta, pesto, cooked sausage and garlic, and brussels sprouts. 

Serve warm, and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. (I also added a little balsamic glaze to the brussels for extra flavor.)

Easy peasy and ready in about 30 minutes!



Adult version

Child version- same just quartered the sausage and cut up the brussels to hide them!


They approved!

Thoughts for Thursday
Linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.

14 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up. That recipe looks so good! I will have to put it on my menu for next month. I also put up some recipes for today and I hope you'll check them out. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have to check yours out. I'm not much of a cook, but I try.

      Delete
  2. Poppin over from the link up. Yum! That looks delicious and will be adding those ingredients to my grocery list. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so easy, and so good! I have a hard time cooking brussel sprouts right (without having them taste bitter)... I may have to try this one! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the link-up.THis recipe looks amazing!! And quick!!!


    Come by and say hi www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious and easy enough for crazy days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!! I'm a huge fan of roasted brussel sprouts and I love how healthy and yummy the recipe looks. I'm so impressed that the kids love it too!! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meredith, I'm so proud of you!!!! Your dinner looks delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means a lot coming from an awesome cook like yourself :).

      Delete
  8. This looks delicious and I will definitely be trying it!! I am totally cracking up over the title for it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true- I am a terrible cook, so this was sometihng worthy of writing about :).

      Delete

 
Blogging tips