In sickness and in health

I went through about a 4 year period where I would get strep throat every year. It was awful. When I was in college, every year for homecoming my sorority would pair up with a fraternity for a homecoming competition. I am not sure what the point of this was really, other than for bragging rights on campus. We would perform in competitions and attend events the week of homecoming to earn points. The organizations with the most points at the end of the week would be announced the winners of homecoming at the football game. So, each year I would sign up to be in the dance competitions. We would put in numerous hours working to perfect our routine for the competition. Then, inevitably EVERY year I would get strep right before the competition and have to sit out, bummer. So, my senior year I decided I would not compete, and what do you know- no strep!

So, for several years now I have been strep free! Until...I woke up on Tuesday morning with an incredibly sore throat. I looked in the mirror and went ahead and diagnosed myself- strep. I went to the doctor and sure enough I was right. He gave me antibiotics and said no work for 2 days, darn. But, my boys have been SO sweet to me while I have been sick. Paul has woken up each morning, made me coffee, brought it to me in bed, cooked me breakfast, and brought me anything I have asked for. He really is a great nurse. Riley has LOVED that I have been sick. Paul has taken him out in the morning, and then he has cuddled with me ALL DAY LONG. I really have never known a dog that likes to cuddle as much as this one does. He is definitely a mommas boy, and knows how to make me feel better. It is times like these that I think about how lucky I am to have such a sweet, caring husband (and dog...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips