20 weeks, already?!

20 weeks

Am I really already half way through my second pregnancy?  That is really hard to believe.  It is going by much faster this time for sure.  We had our big ultra-sound appointment on Monday and everything looks great with the baby girl!  She is right on track size wise and passed with flying colors.  She was moving and kicking the whole time.  The only bad part was that baby girl did not want to show her face!  She had her hands covering her face, or would turn away from us every time we tried to get a look in 3d.  The upside of this is that they scheduled me for another ultrasound at my 24 week appointment for a "re-check" since we couldn't get a good view of the face.  I am getting spoiled this time around since I have had an ultrasound at every appointment so far.  I get so excited to see her!

I am doing great as well.  Since Brady was born premature, my doctor suggested I get a weekly injection of a drug called Makena (a chemical compound very similar to progesterone) that has been proven to significantly decrease the likelihood of preterm labor in women with a prior history.  There are no known side effects to mother or baby, and it is said to decrease the odds by 50% or more.  While it is not fun getting a shot every week, I would do anything to make sure to protect this baby and make sure she is ready before she enters the world.

How big is the baby? About 6.5 inches long and 13 ounces head to heel. (About the length of a banana)

Weight Gain: Up about 3 pounds from my starting weight


Gender:  GIRL!

Maternity Clothes? Mostly...still wear some of my normal clothes

Sleep? Sleeping great

Food Cravings/Aversions:  I still like anything with cheese and also chocolate :).

Movement: Feeling lots of movement now!

What I miss? Nothing significant..

What I'm Looking forward to? Paul and I are going to the Grove Park Inn for a weekend getaway just the two of us in a couple of weeks.  I can't wait!  It will be our first vacation by ourselves since Brady was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips