28 weeks!

28 weeks!
We have entered the 3rd trimester!  I cannot even tell you how much faster this pregnancy is going by than my first.  I remember thinking I was going to be pregnant forever with Brady.  This time I am kind of wishing time would slow down since we have done NOTHING to prepare for this baby yet.  Ok, take that back.  We do have a crib, but it has just been leaning up against our wall for a month now.  It's probably time to put that together...And, why hasn't anyone told me how huge I look these days?! I saw this picture and while I know I felt like I was getting bigger, I didn't realize I looked like such a beast.  My goodness!  I also desperately need a tan.  Warm sunshine, where are you?  Here I am at 28 weeks with Brady.  Yeah, definitely bigger this time around...

We went to the doctor on Monday, and I passed my glucose test, yay!  We also had an ultrasound just to measure my cervix and make sure there were no signs of early labor.  Everything looks as it should at this point, and I convinced the ultrasound tech to let us take a peak at our little girl's face :).  She was back to vertex (head down) position too, so that is good news!  So far, everything is going great and hopefully it will stay that way.  I started having some of the same back pain I had with Brady a week or so ago, but thankfully it went away for now.

 How big is the baby? About 14.8 inches and about 2.25lbs. (About the size of a Chinese cabbage)

Weight Gain: Up about 17 pounds from my starting weight


Gender:  GIRL!

Maternity Clothes? Yup!

Sleep? I'm starting to toss and turn a little during the night.  I can't stay on one side for too long without my hips getting sore.  Sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night it takes me a while to fall back to sleep.

Food Cravings/Aversions:  My recent craving has been for a hot fudge sundae (probably part of the reason I look like a beast...)

Movement: Lots of movement!  I love it :)

What I miss? It's the little things, like being able to put my shoes on easily...bending down, stuff like that is getting harder.  While I love my belly sometimes, other times it makes it much more difficult to do everyday tasks.

What I'm Looking forward to? My best friend Jennifer put together a little sprinkle for me and baby girl next weekend, so I am really looking forward to celebrating with family and friends and getting some PINK stuff :).

2 comments:

  1. You do not look like a beast!! I think your still super tiny!!! Enjoy it, I miss being pregnant and can't wait for our #2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful!! No more beast comments Mere! I cannot wait to meet baby girl and see you and Brady next weekend! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips