Brady Turns 5!

It is hard to believe that we have a 5 year old!  I remember thinking when my nephew turned 5 that he was so grown up.  I feel like 5 is a big milestone.  It is kind of their transition out of "toddlerhood" to little boy.  I can't even think about him going to kindergarten next year- just doesn't seem possible!  But, it is so fun watching him grow up.  Brady is officially our only boy and our first born which makes him extra special.  He has the sweetest personality, and it melts my heart to see how sweet he is to his sisters.  Katelyn is truly his best friend, and he would pick her over any other friend.  Prime example at his birthday party he had the opportunity to pick one friend to play the game, and guess who he passed the baton to?  Katelyn of course!

He is super sweet, but he also has a very stubborn streak in him.  If Brady wants something- he is not stopping until he gets it.  I guess this is what happens when both of your parents are in sales.  The most recent thing is light up shoes.  His friend got a pair in class, and that is all we have heard about.  "Mommy how about today after school we can get some light up shoes?"  And, I am telling you, he won't stop.  He is also very sensitive.  He lets things get to him, and Katelyn likes to capitalize on that. He is in the 92nd percentile for height and the 83rd for weight. We have a big boy on our hands! Hard to believe he was born premature. He is very into Ninja Turtles, Garfield, Super Heroes, Cars, and all things boy.  I think he would watch TV or play on the iPad all day long if we let him.  We are so proud of him, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for this sweet boy of ours.

He wanted to have a karate party, so that is what we did!  It is perfect, because they literally do everything for you.  All I had to do was bring a cake.  With having a 3 week old, I was all about the do nothing party. His best buddy in his class has a birthday a couple days before his, so we decided to have a joint party. All the kids had a blast! We also took cupcakes to his class on his actual birthday.  Katelyn was so excited that they let her come to his class and join in on the fun.  This was Molly's first trip to school as well.

His birthday present!











This picture just made me laugh!













I think this is the whole reason for the party- they get to cut the cake with a huge sword!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips