Happy Birthdays and the Beginning of a Nursery

Paul and I spent this past weekend in Garden City with his family. I was really bad and did not take any pictures while we were there- whoops! But, it was nice to get away and spend time with everyone. We pretty much just relaxed, laid out on the beach, and celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday which happens to be the same day as my brother's birthday. So, happy belated birthday- I love you both! In honor of Duhdo's birthday (which I lovingly called Dustin when I was really little). Here are a couple of pictures of me and my best bud growing up.


 (I know I was HEALTHY baby ok...)

 We were a cowboy and cowgirl for Halloween one year.

 Wearing our favorite matching Batman pajamas.

 Look at my dad as a young stud! 

Such a sweet big brother :).

I hope our little boy will be as good of a big brother to his little sisters/brothers one day as Dustin was to me.  A big brother is a really special thing.  I love you just as much now as I did then!

We got back from the beach on Monday, and I took Tuesday off work as well to just get some stuff done around the house.  And boy did I do some work!! (So much so that I woke up this morning with strep throat...whoopee).  I spent ALL day finishing the paint job in the nursery that my dad so graciously started while we were at the beach, organizing the office where I dumped all the overflow from the guest room, picking up the first pieces of furniture for the nursery, and helping my dad assemble the crib.  I feel like I ran 5 miles and did a million lunges by the way my legs felt today.  But, I am SO EXCITED that we finally have a start to our nursery.  It makes it all feel so real.  So, here it is...

...the crib!

And, here is his dresser and hutch.  The top shelf has his first books from his Nana and Papa, and the Georgia Tech hat from his Uncle Dustin.

I love how the color turned out, and I am glad that we decided to go with the espresso colored furniture.  It is starting to come together!

1 comment:

  1. Love the espresso! So cute. Wonderful to see you and your baby bump today-- you are glowing:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips