The Beach: Part 2

After a day on the beach and a good nap, we went and met my mom, Tom, and Grandparents for dinner at Water's Edge on Shem Creek.  I was a little worried about how Brady was going to do, because he already had a big day.  But, he did great, and the restaurant got our food out really quickly.  The food was great, and we had a great view.  (Side note- Gerber Puffs are a genius creation.  They are pretty much like eating air, but they can keep Brady entertained - long enough for Mommy to eat her meal and keep him occupied.) 


Heading out for dinner!

Great view! (I'm taking a picture on my cell phone while Paul is taking one on our Nikon.  You can never have too many ;).)

Brady and Coco checking out Shem Creek and the boats.

Love these boys!!

My mom's side of the family: Geno, Dustin, Grandma Fran, Brady, Mom, me, and Paul.

Sibling love
I asked Dustin if it was weird seeing his little sister as a mom, and he said, "No, I gave up on you being my little sister in college.  You turned into my big sister."  After dinner even though it was way past Brady's bed time, he played on the porch with Waldo for a little bit before hitting the hay.





The next morning, Brady woke up and had his bottle in our bed. 




Then, my dad, step mom, brother, and husband all decided to go play golf.  But, that was cool with me. Brady took his morning nap, and while he slept I sat on the porch enjoying the ocean view getting a little work done.  It was so nice to have some peace and quiet.




After Brady woke up from his nap, my mom came over and we went out to the beach.






After having fun on the beach, Brady was ready for his afternoon nap, and Paul, Dustin, and I went running errands.  Specifically we wanted to go to Cosco to get diapers and formula.  Who knew Cosco doesn't sell Pampers...but, we did get PLENTY of formula,  hopefully enough to last until Brady is ready for whole milk! After that, my dad and Francine made some delish shrimp and grits.  So, we ate that while Brady snoozed upstairs.  I was so impressed with how well he did on his morning/afternoon naps and bedtime.  I don't think he fussed one time when we put him down.  I think he was too worn out from all the fun to try to fight it!  Part 3 (the final part I promise) tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips