Why I blog

First and foremost, I blog as a way to have a scrapbook of my children.  It is something that I look at often just to reminisce on the things we have done and how they are growing and changing so quickly.  It is a place for me to jot down the adorable things they say and do.  Above all else, I blog for ME.  It is my little space to share whatever I would like.  I hope that my kids will appreciate it one day.  I think about how neat it would have been if I had an archive of my life where I could see what I was doing at each age.

I blog because I love to write.  It has always been a passion of mine and the reason I majored in Journalism in college.  My family used to joke about what I was writing about them, because I always carried around a notebook and pen everywhere I went.  To be honest, I have no clue what I wrote in those books, but I was always writing something.  Although my career has taken me down a different path, I enjoy being able to come to my little space and write about whatever I feel like.  There is no pressure of deadlines or perfectly correct grammar.  Although, correct grammar is one of my pet peeves, and it does drive me crazy when I read back my blog posts and notice an error.  But, they are typically written quickly, at night when I am usually tired, and I just don't have the energy to proofread.  So I apologize about that (I will have you know if any of my professors ever read this, I do think about how they would be probably cringe at my mistakes).

I do it for my family.  I don't get to see everyone as often as I like, and this gives them a way to keep track of what we are doing.

I have been thinking a lot of expanding my blog into more aspects of my life especially since this month marks 4 YEARS since I started this blog.  It will still be primarily about my kids and our family life, but I want to include some more subjects that I enjoy.  I may include some topics on fashion, shopping, decorating, etc.  I am going to try to update it on a more consistent basis.  My blog has always been something that I would like to expand on, but I have just been so busy that I haven't had the time I would like to commit to it.  We will see if I follow through on this, but I would like to update atleast 3-4 times a week.  Thanks to my readers and followers.  I would love any suggestions on some topics you would like me to touch on!

With Love,

Meredith

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog!:) Glad you do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And yes, you were always writing when we were little, I wonder if Brady or Kaitlyn will be the same way :) I love reading your blog and catching up on you and the fam! Love and miss you Merebear!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips