Fashion Friday

I am going to try to do a "Fashion Friday" post every week.  This can include a number of things: sales going on, current trends I like, children's fashion, etc.

To kick off my first Fashion Friday post, I thought I would start with little boys fashion.  Everyone always says that little boys just aren't fun to dress.  But, I don't think that is true.  There are plenty of cute options for boys as well.  I will admit as he gets older it gets harder to find things that are cute, but age appropriate.  I don't want my two year old all of a sudden looking 15!

When he was a baby, I was all about the bubbles and jon jons.  Paul was never too keen on this style, but hey he is only little for a short time and then he will be wearing shorts and t-shirts/polos the rest of his life.

I only bought 1 jon jon for this year.  He is pushing it on being a little too old for them, but I just had to stretch it for one more summer!  My favorite place to find cute smocked jon-jons is Shrimp and Grits Kids. They have the most adorable smocked clothing and right now their whole summer line is on sale!  This is the jon-jon I purchased for Brady:



It is no secret that I love to put my babies in matching outfits, so naturally Katelyn has the matching bubble. I also like shopping at Shrimp and Grits Kids because they are a local company in Charleston, and my niece and nephew model for the catalog :).  I'm a proud aunt.

Another reason I had to move on from the jon jons is because I realized once we potty trained Brady, it was not quite as convenient when he had on a one piece.  We are trying to teach him to go by himself to the potty, and it is much easier to just pull down elastic shorts.  So, one of my favorite places to find good knits for Brady is at Kelly's Kids.  They can be a little pricey, but the quality is very good, and Brady can still wear a lot of his stuff from last year as it runs pretty big.  Here are some of my favorites from this year.  Notice they are all easy on/off elastic waste bands.


1. crab shirt | crab shorts 2. lizard shirt | stripe shorts 3. blue/yellow striped polo | white shorts
 4. blue polo | plaid shorts
The best part is, this week ONLY all summer clothes are 40% off.  Grab them before they are gone! I hardly ever pay full price for my kid's clothing, and I will share my secrets on that in another post.  When it comes to just everyday play clothes, my go to places are usually Gap, J Crew Factory, and Old Navy- all online.  I hardly ever go into physical stores anymore.  The internet just makes it too easy.  I will occasionally pick things up at Target if I see something cute, because that is one store that I frequent often :).  I want my kids to look cute, but also be comfortable.  

In the shoe department, my favorite sandals are these salt water sandals.




Brady pretty much lives in his crocs in the summer, because they are durable, can get wet, and best of all he can put them on himself.  If you have a toddler/pre-schooler and don't have a pair of crocs, do yourself a favor and go buy some now. I always thought they were ugly and never understood the trend, but now I totally get it. 




As far as school shoes go, a good tennis shoe does the trick.  Brady is currently rocking these.  I think they are just adorable on him, and they are velcro making them easy on, easy off.



I think shopping for my kids clothes is so fun.  Where is your favorite place to shop for your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips