Pool bag essentials

We pretty much go to the pool almost everyday now.  It is the perfect activity for the whole family, and the best part is it wears the kids slap out! Hello 3 hour nap time :).  Here are the essentials for a good time at the pool!



1.  Salt Water Canvas Whale Bag- It is essential to have a good pool/beach bag especially when you have children.  They come with a lot of stuff, and I was searching for the perfect bag to tote it all.  My sister-in-law suggested this Whale Bag, and it is perfect.  You can fit up to 6 towels in it, and it has lots of outside pockets for sunscreen, etc.  It is mesh, so if you take it to the beach you can easily spray out all of the sand.

2. Baby pool float- This obviously cannot fit in the actual pool bag, but it is key when taking your baby to the pool.  I like this particular float, because it comes with a canopy to provide shade as well.

3. Good towels- Brady and Katelyn have these towels from Pottery Barn Kids.  They are big which I like, because I can't stand a tiny beach towel.  Also, a little secret a friend shared with me one time is that TJ Maxx actually has great beach towels.  That is where Paul and I got our towels, and I love them.  Paul's is actually a Lacoste towel, and I got it there for like $15.

4. Pool hat- Katelyn received this pool hat as a gift.  It is perfect, because it is made out of the same material as a swim suit, so it is ok if it gets wet, and it helps protect her head/face from the sun.

5. Sunscreen- This is probably a no brainer, but obviously sunscreen is a must.  I actually use the spray can and the cream.  I like the spray for their bodies, but use the cream for their faces.  I don't have a particular brand that I like best.  I just use anything 30 spf or higher.

6. Sunglasses- Brady really likes his sunglasses, so we make sure to always have those in the bag.

7. Fruit snacks- Fruit snacks are one of Brady's favorite things.  They both love to have a snack by the pool, so we make sure to pack a couple of things.  Brady usually wants fruit snacks and Katelyn has goldfish.

8. Puddle jumper-  This is the best invention ever.  Brady is pretty self sufficient in the pool with this contraption on.  However, it has to be this particular brand.  Paul tried to buy a different one, and it just didn't work the same.  This one is definitely the best.

9. Water bottles- It is important to stay hydrated, and these are our favorite water bottles.  They are the Eddy Camelbaks.

10. Pool toys-  I mostly pack a couple of things for Katelyn, because Brady is pretty much just entertained swimming around and jumping in. But a couple little squirt toys help keep her entertained.


Make sure to bring your truck to haul everything.

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips