Fashion Friday: my mom uniform

I am not a fashionista by any means.  My wardrobe pretty much consists of work clothes, t-shirts, shorts, and a few cute dresses for the rare occasion that I dress up for something.  I try not to fall too far into the "mom look", but there are just clothes that work better when you have children.  For example, in my previous childless life I probably wore a lot of summer dresses.  I love a summer dress.  But, when you have two young children and you are constantly bending down to pick them up or pick something up off the floor, a dress just isn't ideal if you catch my drift.  I also have a confession- I have never gotten into the maxi trend.  I don't own a single maxi dress- say what?! I know they are all the rage and could probably solve my problem of not being able to wear summer dresses with kids, but I just can't get into them.  I always think they look cute on other people, but when I put them on I feel like I look silly.  I thought this same thing about skinny jeans for the longest time too, but I finally took to really liking them.  Maybe I will venture out one day and try a maxi, but for now they are not in the wardrobe.

So, what are my summer staples?  They look a little something like this:


1. Olukai flip flops 2. White lace top 3. colored chino shorts 4. printed tank 5. cafe capris 6. striped t-shirt 7.vintage crossbody bag

On just a typical day at home with the kids you can probably find my in my Olukai flip flops, shorts, and a print top, or white cropped pants with a tank or top.  I used to be a Rainbow girl, but Paul turned me on to these Olukai flip flops.  They are really comfortable, and I love the neutral color.  All of the clothes shown above are from JCrew and Boden.  They tend to be my go to online stores lately. I can always find what I am looking for, and they typically always have a sale going on.  Let's just pretend that the cafe capris above are white, because I couldn't find them at the moment.  But, the JCrew cafe capris are my favorites.  I own several pairs in different colors, because they fit great and are easy to throw on and pair with a solid or print top for a cute/comfortable not too "mom" look.

Mint has been so in this year which I love, because it is one of my favorite colors.  I love this cross body bag.  It is cute, and easy to throw your phone and essentials in to run an errand, or pair it with a cute dress for a night out.

That is pretty much my everyday uniform at home.  Nothing too fancy, but cute and logical.

2 comments:

  1. You can def pull off the maxi Mere! Target has great ones that are really affordable and they are the most comfy thing you will ever put on! Maxi's are prob my go to when it comes to Spring/Summer, but shorts and a tank come in close second :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can totally pull off the maxi because you are so tall and skinny!!! I just dont know...maybe I will learn to love them :). BTW- your comments make my day!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips