Father's Day weekend recap

We spent Saturday out at the lake with my dad and step mom.  The lake has always been one of my favorite places.  I am glad that Brady and Katelyn get to make memories there too.  Brady woke up saying, "We're going to ride Waldo's boat momma? YAY YAY!  I'm going to be the captain and Katelyn is too!"

It was a gorgeous day and so much fun.  Katelyn refused to take a nap which meant she had a meltdown during our second boat ride.  I thought surely she would just fall asleep on the boat like Brady used to always do, but nope, she just wasn't having any of that.  She loved the first ride especially when we started going fast.  She was just squealing and every time we would hit a big bump she would start giggling.  It was the cutest thing.  We might have a little dare devil on our hands.

Brady actually passed out on Paul and took a nice little nap on our ride. We were going to try out the tube, but we will have to save that for next time.




So much fun!


They have the best daddy.


My heart is melting...so sweet.


His first time in the kayak!


I just love this place.  So beautiful.

The popsicles were a hit!


A little side story on the popsicles.  Brady ate some of his then handed it to Paul to hold while he drove the boat.  Well, Paul thought he was done with it, so he tossed it.  A little while later Brady came back looking for his popsicle and was a little upset that it was gone.  We told him he could have one when he got home.  Like I mentioned, he fell asleep on the ride.  As soon as we got to the dock and he woke up he looked at me and asked, "Can I have my popsicle now?"  I'm telling you- he does not forget a thing.

Sweet sleepy boy







On Sunday we went to church and then had brunch at Bonefish.  We had never tried the brunch there, and it was really good!  Brady and Katelyn gobbled up all of theirs and Paul and I split our meals.  I totally meant to take a picture, but clearly I was hungry, and it looked so good I dove right in.  We split the bang bang eggs benedict and the western omelet. They were both really good.  I would highly recommend trying it out if you like brunch.








After naps (or lack thereof for Brady), we went to the pool and Paul's parents joined us.  Then, Paul cooked us steaks for dinner.  It was a great Father's Day weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips