Listen

Listen...I must say this word 500 times a day.  "Please listen." "Brady are you listening?" "Listen to daddy."  "I need you to listen to me."  I swear, I try to be patient with my children and no lie during silent confession during worship on Sunday that is one thing I ALWAYS pray about.  Please help me to be a more patient and loving wife and mother.  But, sometimes it is hard.  It is hard to reason with a 2 year old.  They don't understand, and all they can think about is that moment.  I know they call it the "terrible twos" for a reason.  I would not call them "terrible".  There are many things I love about a 2 year old- the funny things they say, their adorable giggle, their imagination.  But let's be honest, it can be very challenging parenting a two year old.  

I write this after QUITE the day.  Brady was testing us like no other.  Paul came home from work early, and I must have gotten 10 text messages about Brady's antics.  I hear that 3 is only worse (Lord help us).  I have to constantly remind myself that the days are long, but the years are short.  I remember when I was beyond exhausted and Brady would only be content in my arms that Paul would tell me, "just think, we will think back to these moments and they will be some of the best memories of our lives."  I have to say that is so true.  In the moment all I wanted was for him to grow and start sleeping through the night, but now I miss those nights.  I miss holding that tiny newborn in my arms and kissing his silky soft cheeks a hundred times.  It is hard when you are in the moment and trying to keep your calm with a rambunctious two year old, but I will miss these days so much when they are gone.  Being a mother is the absolute BEST and MOST challenging job there is.  It might be bumpy, but I am enjoying the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips