Almost summer!

We are all so happy that the warm weather is here to stay!  We have been soaking up the sunshine as much as we can.  We opened our "car wash" last weekend, and the kids had a blast.  Brady kept spraying Katelyn with the hose, and she loved it.  We have been doing lots of cruising around the neighborhood in the race car, and playing at the park!







The kids both had class pictures recently.  We were running late (as usual) on Brady's picture day, so I forgot to take his picture.  But, here is Katelyn all dolled up!  She is looking more and more like a big girl lately.  Her hair is getting long (finally!), and she can carry on a conversation about anything.  She NEVER stops talking, and she has quite the imagination.  She is constantly reenacting things they do at school or pretending to be a mommy.  She reminds me so much of myself when I was little.  She is such a girly girl and LOVES to accessorize.  If she is at home, you can pretty much always find her wearing her "high heels" (or MY high heels), carrying one of her many purses, wearing a necklace, multiples bracelets, and carrying her baby.  I could just eat her up!


Our church recently had Children's Emphasis Sunday.  Brady's class performed at the beginning of the service.  It was so sweet.  I am so thankful for our church and the sweet day school they have there.  We were riding in the car today, and there was a wreck that had just happened.  I hear Brady from the back seat praying, "Dear God, please take care of those people and don't let anyone be hurt."  He has the most caring heart, and I hope that never changes.

The sweetest group of kids.



My mom and Grandparents came over for brunch after church.
We went to Cottle Strawberry Farms one afternoon after school and work to pick some strawberries.  There were so many, and they were delicious!  The kids enjoyed eating them just as much or more than picking them. They took some to their class the next day for snack.








This weekend started off on Friday night with a turtle rescue mission.  We found a turtle that had wandered into our front yard.  We decided to take him back to our neighborhood pond.  If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen the video, but I have never seen a turtle move so fast in my life when we let him out of the box!  But mission accomplished, he ran and jumped straight into the pond.  Saturday our pool opened up for the summer!  Brady has been dying to go swimming, so he was in heaven.  It was so nice to get some pool time in.  I can't wait for more pool time in the weeks to come.









Sunday was pretty lazy since it was storming on and off all day.  We did make a quick trip to Target, and Brady convinced me to buy him this lovely Ninja Turtle shirt.  He is all into Ninja Turtles and super heroes these days. And then just for fun, I included a picture of Katelyn in my heels.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips