Molly's First Week

Molly survived her first week in our crazy house.  We are all adjusting and getting used to our "new normal".  She is such a sweetheart, and we all just love her so much.  The kids have done really great with the transition.  The hardest part is just trying to keep them from wanting to be all over her all the time.  I am so impressed with how gentle Katelyn is with her.  She is so naturally loving, and she holds her so well.  Brady constantly asks if he can kiss her or rub her.  He is not as natural with holding the baby, but I think that is just a boy vs. girl thing.  Katelyn is very motherly and is constantly playing mommy to her baby dolls and imaginary friends, so she has some practice.

She is a great sleeper once she finally goes to sleep at night.  Sometimes it takes quite a while to get her to go to sleep, but once she is asleep she almost always sleeps 4-6 hours which at 1.5 weeks I'd say that is pretty good.  I wake her up every 3 hours during the day if she is napping to feed her, but just let her sleep at night.  She is a good eater and has caught onto nursing very easily just like her brother and sister. My goal is to breastfeed for atlas 6 months, and then anything after that will just be a bonus.

She had a pretty busy first week.  It was not really the best timing to come home from the hospital. I actually asked to leave early, because I was just ready to get home.  I usually say I love my hospital stay, but I missed the big kids, and I was tired of people coming in my room constantly to check on us.  So we came home Thursday around lunch time.  Well, preschool was closed early on Friday due to Hurricane Hermine, and it was labor day weekend.  That meant 4 long days with all three kids- stuck inside for part of the weekend due to all the rain.  We also had Paul's birthday celebration, and then we took newborn pictures on Monday.  I was really looking forward to Tuesday to finally have a quiet day at home with just the baby.  I think I may have overdone it a little bit, but I think with the third child you don't have much of a choice.  The show must go on!  We are lucky to have lots of help from grandparents, and Paul has done everything he can to make it easier on me.  I just keep reminding myself that the days are long, but the years are short.  These newborn days will be gone in a flash, and I will miss this teeny tiny baby.

We also started making some progress on our new house!  The same day Molly was born the demolition crew knocked down the house and starting clearing our lot.  I can't tell you how ready I am to be in our own house again.  I know that selling our house was the right thing to do, but I am REALLY missing my old house right about now.  We are moving along as fast as we can though, and I am so proud of Paul for all the work he is doing to get it done for us.  We always seem to pack all of these life changes in at the same time.  Once we get moved in I'm literally never moving again (although Paul thinks otherwise).

Here are some pictures from the past week!




They couldn't love her more!


Molly Frances meeting her namesake- my Grandma Fran.


Such a proud big sister!



Celebrating Daddy's birthday!

Passed out on the way to take newborn pictures.

I snapped this on my phone while we were taking pictures.

Love these 2 so much!

Wide awake!



Daddy and his girls!

Proud big brother!

I don't ever want to forget this feeling!

Two little Gamecocks ready for school!

Our first child to like a pacifier.

Katelyn's first day of tap/ballet.  She loved it!

Molly's fan club.

Meeting Aunt Paige

Our lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips