A fresh coat of paint

It is amazing what a fresh coat of paint and a couple new accessories can do to transform a room.  My dad came over on Saturday to help me re-paint our bedroom.  I took on my first painting project about a year ago when I decided that our bedroom, bathroom, and dining room all needed to be painted.  Instead of taking on one room at a time, I decided, "why not do them all at once?"  Brilliant plan!  I was so exhausted, and Paul and I ended up sleeping on the sleeper sofa for 3 nights until finally deciding to hire a painter to finish the job.  It was WELL worth the money spent.  The worst part about it was that the bedroom never really ended up like I envisioned.  So, this time I had some reservations about painting the room myself.  But, with my expert paint edger, my dad, and my quick rolling skills, we had the job done in no time!  We managed to only use 1 coat of paint with a few touch ups.  Dads are the BEST! (Paul's poor dad volunteered to help me with my first paint project, and I am sure I wore him out, but a BIG thank you to you too George.  I love our bathroom and dining room :))

When Paul moved into the house the room was originally red, and I mean BRIGHT red.  He had decorated the room with a lovely denim (I'm not joking) comforter.  I despised that denim comforter, and Paul knew it.  So one of my first tasks when I moved in was to get rid of that denim comforter and paint the room. Here is the best picture I could find of the original room.  It was obviously in disarray, because this is right before we painted it the first time, but you get the idea.

(note the denim comforter)

Here are the pictures after the first paint job:

Much better, right??  While it was definitely a step in the right direction from the red and denim, it was still not exactly what I wanted.  I decided that I should go with a more neutral wall color, that way if I get bored with the decor, I can easily change it up.  So, here is the finished product:


I LOVE IT!  I think it looks so clean and classy.  Y'all know I love my aqua blue color, so I still wanted to incorporate that into the room.  I bought the quilt, blue pillow, and valences at target.  The bedside table is the original that matches my furniture set.  (Side note- Paul and I had a little difference of opinion when it came to whose furniture should be used in the master bedroom, so the compromise was his bed frame (which I love), and his bedside table would stay, and we would use my dressers simply because they had much more drawer space.)  So anyway, I pulled out my old bedside table, and I got the lamp (my favorite part!) at Pier One.  I was still able to use our original duvet and pillows.  It feels like a whole new room! My second paint project turned out a success. Thanks again Dad, it is perfect!

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips