145 days...

...until summer! That's right, not SPRING, SUMMER! I am soooo over the cold. I would prefer a blazing hot, 100 degree July day in Columbia, SC ANYTIME over a windy, cold, rainy/snowy winter day. I find myself day dreaming about a hot summer day in a bathing suit, on the beach, with a good book, and a cold drink. Ahh, THAT would be perfect right about now. I posted this picture from our honeymoon to pretty much sum up my absolute bliss- white sand on my toes, tan skin (ok for me not so much), staring out into the clear blue water with not a worry in the world.


Ok, but back to reality. To try to cure my winter blues, I have made my first attempt at cooking a recipe out of one of my cook books, and it was a SUCCESS! I made brussel sprout and bacon hash. It may not sound so appetizing, but believe me, it was delicious. Upon Paul's request, I have made it again since this picture. It contains brussel sprouts, bacon, fingerling potatoes, and some secret spices (not really- just ask for the recipe if you are interested). I like it because it pretty much covers all food groups. We paired it with a NY Strip (yes from our MONSTER cut of meat Paul purchased when we were "snowed in"). It was SO GOOD. So, for all of those who doubt my cooking abilities, just ask Paul, I CAN cook. I am looking forward to trying out some more recipes soon!


Apart from the snow and gearing up for another year, life is pretty uneventful at the DuRant household. I sure hope that the ground hog does not see his shadow, and Spring will come soon. Until then, I will keep thinking warm thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips