New Year's Resolutions

I am posting this not because anyone really cares what my new year's resolutions are, but because I figured maybe if I post them publicly I will be more likely to follow through. So here it goes.
  1. Read more. I really enjoy reading, but it is a rare event that I sit down to read a book. I always feel like if I have time to sit here and read a book that I should be doing something else. But, somehow there is always time to watch crappy TV. I am going to try to trade in some of that TV time to dive into a good book.
  2. Get back into the gym. I still go to the gym, but it has dwindled down to A LOT less than I used to. It seems lately that I am only making to the gym about 2 times a week. I need to get back to going 4-5 days a week. There is NO reason not to. Along with this I am going to make a very good effort to get up and go in the morning AT LEAST once a week. I am not a morning person, but once I am up, I am fine. I just need to set my alarm and get RIGHT up when it goes off, throw on some clothes, and hit the gym.
  3. Get up earlier. I am always rushing around in the morning to get ready, why? If I could just get up about 30 minutes earlier, I could leisurely get ready, eat breakfast, have some coffee, and watch the news instead of running out the door and eating a bagel in the car. A couple weeks of this, and it would just become routine.
  4. Start cooking. Notice I did not say, "learn how to cook", because I really don't think this is something I need to learn how to do. Cooking is really not that hard, and I don't give myself enough credit on this chore. Cooking at our house is a joint effort. We all know Paul is the master chef, but I make a pretty good assistant. It is not like I am sitting on the couch while he is in the kitchen for an hour (most of the time anyway...). But, I want to start cooking as more of a hobby. I always read recipes and think, "that sounds yummy." I am going to start trying to cook some of these yummy recipes and see how it goes!
  5. Get organized. I try to stay somewhat organized, but it gets hard to do sometimes. In a house with little storage space, organization is key! I am going to make it a point to get our house organized. I need to attack one room at a time, and get rid of clutter and stuff we do not need.

These are all pretty attainable goals that I hope I can look back on at the end of 2011 and say that I have accomplished them. 2010 was a good year, but I have a feeling that 2011 is going to be even better. Can anyone believe that it is 2011??

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips