Monday Funday

When I was a little kid I would dream of waking up to a white winter wonderland outside. Oh the delight of getting bundled up, going out to the golf course with friends, and sledding down the steep hills. The weather man would always get us excited, and 90% of the time...let us down. Well this Monday- the weather man did not lie. If anything, he underestimated the effects of this winter storm. I went to bed like an excited kid hoping for school to be cancelled the next day. To my delight, I woke up early Monday morning to a coat of pretty white powder all around. To top it off I got the e-mail: OFFICE IS CLOSED, yes! We cooked a big breakfast and enjoyed looking out the window, snuggled in our blankets, at the snow falling outside.


Our street.

Riley was not too sure about the snow at first. When I first let him out, he tried to step on the little piece of grass right beside the house. But, he eventually ventured out into the yard and had fun running around in the snow.

Me and my love.


Daddy and doggy.

And in case anyone was concerned the we would go hungry in this winter storm. Have no fear. Paul loves a good piece of meat, and even more a good deal. We picked up this MONSTER NY strip on Sunday afternoon at Kroger. I think it is safe to say that we could be snowed in for a couple months and survive...


It was fun to have a snow day. But, there is a reason I live in the south. I would prefer the hot summers in Columbia to months of snow up north ANY DAY. I went outside briefly, but most of the day I stayed inside in the heat. Riley was very happy to have me home all day, and made sure to keep my lap warm all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips