The Big Brother

I can't believe my tiny 5.5 pound baby is now a BIG brother.  He has taken the transition very well for the most part.  He has his moments where he really wants momma to himself, but can you blame him? For the first year and a half of his life he has been the only child.  It is hard learning to share momma and daddy.  He loves his sister very much though.  He is always talking about the "bay-be".  When he wakes up in the morning he comes in the room to find his baby.  He likes to give his baby hugs and kisses.  He does tell me to put her "night night" which is pretty funny, because he knows that means he gets all my attention to himself.

I have been doing my best to give him as much attention as possible.  It is good that she sleeps a lot during the day, because I am able to devote a lot of my time to Brady still.  I don't quite trust him to leave him alone in the room with her when she is in her swing, but luckily she likes to nap in her crib.  I put her in there a lot for "safe keeping".  Thank goodness for video monitors, because I can put her to bed in her crib and go play in the back yard with Brady.

No worries though, this boy is still getting tons of attention and plenty of play time.  Paul has been so helpful to take him swimming and to the park most afternoons to give me a little time with just the baby.  We also tagged along a couple of times just to get out of the house.  Here is what our little wild man has been up to since he became a big brother!

Holding his baby sister on the hammock at the lake.
Eating a little lunch with his hat and sunglasses on.

Playing in his pool by the lake.

Holding hands with his dog in the back seat.

Little naked drummer boy

Driving around the back yard

Super daddy!

Jumping in the pool!

He LOVES the water.


I love that sweet face!


Kick, kick, kick!

Daddy throwing him in the air!

Swinging with Daddy and Uncle Dustin

Taking his dog for a ride

But, he's still the baby... :)
We love this little boy so much.  He keeps us on our toes and cracks us up.  He is very enthusiastic about things, and I just love it.  If you ask him if he wants to do something, he usually responds with a very enthusiastic, "Yea!"  We have been asking him before we leave to go somewhere if we can take the baby, and he always says, "Yea!"  He does also like the "no" word.  Sometimes if you ask him something he doesn't want to do, he will just throw out a quick, "no".  But, if he really opposes, he will say "nooooo".

He is talking up a storm now, and he really understands everything we say.  I know I am biased, but he is so smart.  You have to be careful about what you say around him, because he listens to everything and will mock you.

He loves to Facetime people on the iPhone and play with the "pa-pad" (iPad).  Whenever we call Paul's dad (Papa) the whole time he asks for "Nanna, Nanna, Nanna".  Then, when we call Nanna, he chants "Papa, Papa, Papa".  I guess he knows they are a pair :).

He is still obsessed with cars, and this can sometimes cause us some problems.  Ever since his grandparents starting spoiling him and letting him "drive" their cars (i.e. sit in the front seat and pretend he's driving) he doesn't think he needs to ride in his car seat.  He will throw a fit, but he is getting better and recovering from spoiled grandparent syndrome since he's been back at home with us.

Katelyn is so lucky to have such a great big brother.  I pray they will be the best of friends and have a special relationship like the one I share with my brother.

1 comment:

  1. You have beautiful kids!!! So glad to hear the he is adjusting to have a little sister so well!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips