Going from 1 to 2

I stressed out about this, like a lot.  I always knew that I wanted my kids to be close in age so that they would grow up to be close and hopefully, very best friends.  That was very important to me, and I am so thankful that God blessed me with a second child so soon.  But, I knew it would be hard. I love Brady to pieces, but he is a handful!  He requires constant attention, and he goes 100 mph from the time he wakes up to the time he  goes to bed.  He also LOVES momma and loves to have me all to himself.  I calmed myself when I thought about him going to school from 9-12 in the mornings.  But, after him getting sick constantly every other week I just couldn't risk him going to school and bringing something home to get Katelyn sick.  Plus, he just needed a break.  Poor boy has been to the doctor this past year WAY too much.  So, here I was transitioning from working mom of 1 to stay at home mom of a newborn and toddler.  Whoa, talk about a change!

But, I am here to say it is not as bad as I imagined.  Not that I imagined it would be BAD, but I just pictured myself unshowered, sleep deprived, and driven to insanity each day by bed time.  Don't get me wrong, some days I am unshowered, sleep deprived, and driven to insanity :).  But, most days are good.  Thankfully, Katelyn is a pretty easy baby and allows me to devote most of my time to her needy brother.  I squeeze in feedings by giving Brady a snack (high chairs are great!), or locking him in the room with us with Elmo on TV.  I am so happy that Brady really loves his baby sister.  MOST of the time he is very sweet to her.  He loves to kiss her and bring her toys.

I am a lot more laid back this time around.  With Brady I was so worried about everything.  I felt like I had no idea what I was doing.  This time, I am comfortable with being a mom.  I feel like for the most part I know what Katelyn wants.  I don't stress out about every fussy time she has, babies fuss.  That is just a fact. With Brady I would go sit in the nursery in the rocker pretty much every time I fed him.  Now, I will be nursing Katelyn in one arm and feeding Brady yogurt in the other.  Oh how things have changed.

We survive day by day, hour by hour, and we are all adjusting to life with 2 kids.  Although it is hard at times, I am so thankful for this time to be home with my children.  I will be going back to work soon, and I will always cherish this summer that I had to devote to just the two of them.  They are my whole world and more special than I could have ever imagined.

So, for those of you wondering what it's like to have 2 under 2, YES it is hard, but it is so worth it.  I can't wait to see these two grow up and for their bond as brother and sister to grow.  I wouldn't have it any other way.











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips