A Perfect Weekend

You know those weekends where you just smile to yourself and think, "that was a great weekend!"  Well, this was one of those weekends.  There was no reason is particular.  We didn't really go anywhere, or do anything exciting, but we just spent time together as a family.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous which always boost my mood, and I just enjoyed having fun with Paul and the kids.  Since Paul is in real estate, there are not a lot of weekends that we get him all to ourselves, so we were happy to have him home all weekend.

On Saturday we just spent a lot of time playing out side since it was so pretty!  Brady is very serious about his sunscreen.  He brings it to me and says, "I need my sunscreen momma so we don't get burned.  Katelyn needs some too momma." (Waldo would be proud.)

Training him young.

The southern belle got her new bonnet.

My little duet.


STOP

Katelyn tried her first brown cow.  She LOVED it!

Daddy's girl :)
After the kids went to bed Saturday night Paul and I had dinner and cocktails on the screened porch.  I always dreamed of these nights while our house was being built.


Sunday I went to church by myself, because honestly I didn't want to risk the little ones picking up anymore germs in the nursery.  I put on my dress and Brady said, "You look pretty momma!  You're a princess!"  Talk about making my day!  He is the sweetest!

After church we played outside, the kids took a nap, and I actually got to lay out in the back yard for a while.  When they woke up I took them out back to play in the blow up pool.  Too bad the water was freezing.  I put one toe of Katelyn's in and she screamed bloody murder.  Brady played in it for a little while, but it was really too cold for him too.


While I was at church Brady took Katelyn 4-wheeling.










If you could see her face under this hat...she was not happy.  See that bottom lip poked out??


I am so glad the warm weather is here, and I am looking forward to many more great weekends to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips