Workin' for the weekend

Oh how I love the weekend.  I so look forward to those two precious days that I don't have anything to worry about but my kids. (Although that is not really true, because in my line of work you are pretty much on call 24/7, but regardless- I don't have to go to the office!) The warm weather just makes the weekends 10x more pleasurable.  This past weekend, we started off Saturday by crashing a birthday party.  This is the second time that I have taken Brady to the park when there was a birthday party being set up/ going on equipped with a bounce house and all.  Brady is very curious, and I know he wants to go in the bounce house so bad, but he doesn't ask.  I am certainly not going to tell him it's ok to go in it unless we are invited.  Thankfully this group was nice enough to ask him if he wanted to try it out.  It totally made his day.



Saturday night Paul and I went to one of my sorority sisters weddings in Florence.  It was such a beautiful wedding, and I loved getting to catch up with friends I don't get to see too often.  I actually really didn't want to leave, but we had to drive all the way back to Columbia.

My hot date :)

It was a perfect night for an outdoor reception!

They even had a plane flying over!

The beautiful bride, Samantha!

My BFFs and ZTA sisters- Cady Nell, Peters, and Stephanie

Friends!
Sunday we just had some good ole family fun.  In the morning, we took the kids on their usual stroll in their cars to the park.  But, this time we took a detour and went on a little nature trail around the lake in our neighborhood.  They both really enjoyed that.  




Brady has been asking for weeks now to go to the zoo, so Sunday was no different.  He really wanted to go to the zoo, so we decided, why not?  It was such a pretty day, and although the zoo was a little crowded, we all had a good time!  Brady loved everything about the zoo, but he kept asking to ride the choo-choo.  That was by far his favorite part.  Some kids tried to cut him in line, and he told them, "It's my turn!"




















To finish off a fun day we went to Fuddruckers for dinner.  Brady immediately spotted the car video game in the corner.  I told him when he was finished eating we could play.  He watched these kids on the game the whole time while he was eating.  As soon as they got off the game he threw his cheeseburger down, "all done momma!"  Oh my little future Nascar driver.




I love my treasured weekends and making memories with my family.  There is really nothing better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips