Baby friends and our first beach trip of the year

There is nothing more fun than having babies at the same time as your good friends.  When I had Brady I really didn't have any other friends that were pregnant or had children, and it was hard sometimes trying to relate to my friends at times as much as I hate to say it.  You will never know how much having a child changes your life until you have one.  I was so happy that when I was pregnant with Katelyn, I found out that two of my good friends were pregnant at the same time!  Since we had the babies we have tried to make sure that we get them together as often as we can (which can be incredibly hard trying to plan around everyone's crazy schedules).

One of my best friends, Shelley, just bought a new house and was nice enough to host us for a girls (and babies) night.  I cherish our friendships so much, and we will miss Bridgette and JH as they are moving soon :(.

Katelyn, Evie, Addyson, and JH

All the babies...and Brady :)

All born within 2 or 3 weeks of each other

LOVE these girls so much!

We invited our baby friends to come to the beach, but unfortunately not everyone was able to make it.   Jessica, Gray, and Evie joined us though, and we had a blast!  The beach is of course not quite as relaxing with 3 children 2 and under, but I still love it just as much.  The first stop was at the grocery store!  Let me just tell you- these 2 children loved driving that shopping cart.  It's the little things :).



After stocking up on groceries so we wouldn't have to leave the house all weekend, (very smart move) it was time to take a little golf cart ride/gator hunt.  We did find a gator relaxing on the golf course.

Do you think she liked it??


My happy place!

Saturday we decided to hit the beach.  The weather was gorgeous all weekend!  The babies were not too thrilled with the beach.  The both had to indulge in their first taste of sand of course.  We lasted maybe an hour and decided to head back inside.  There is nothing cuter than chunky babies in bathing suits!!

BFFs since birth

I could just eat her up.
Brady enjoyed the beach, but the water was a little cold.  His favorite part was eating snacks in his chair :).

My boys!









Katelyn did so well napping and sleeping in our room in the pack and play.  I was a little nervous about how she would do since we really haven't been too many places since we had her.  She went right to sleep every time we put her down.  This was Brady's first trip away from home sleeping in a big bed by himself.  He did great as well!  He did wake up screaming at about 3 in the morning one night, and I am not sure if he fell out of his bed or not.  He was standing up when I went in his room, but I laid him down, and he went right back to sleep.  


William, Caroline, and Rutledge joined us Saturday night at the pool and for dinner.  I stayed home with Katelyn, but Paul said that Brady LOVED the pool.  He had to drag him home.


Jessica and I decided that we needed to try to take some pictures on the beach Saturday night.  We had fun doing a little photo shoot at sunset :).

Love this one!!  My sweet, sweet babies!

Love this girl and seeing our sweet baby girls together.





The one who made me a mommy.  I couldn't be more proud to call him my son.


Trying to make our Katey boo smile :).

In case you are wondering where Paul was- he was too busy swimming then cooking, so he was not "picture" ready.

So glad they came!  Such a sweet family.

The kiddos

My angel.  How precious is her little bubble?!

Daddy's girl (who definitely got daddy's tan skin- lucky!)


Naturally, we had to dress them alike.
It was a great weekend.  Paul cooked breakfast and dinner for us both days, and after the babies went to bed we just hung out, talked,  drank some wine, and just enjoyed each other's company.  I hope we can make this a yearly tradition!  I can't wait to head back to the beach soon.  There is no place that makes me happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips