Picking out the tree and meeting Santa!

We kept the tradition alive by going to get our tree the day after Thanksgiving.  It is hard to believe that this is Brady's 4th Christmas!  Paul got a little too excited at the Christmas Tree place and picked out the biggest one they had.  I was a little weary, but thought, what the heck.  So we came home we a ginormous tree...Paul's dad had to come help carry the tree, in and we soon realized that it was just ridiculously too big.  As in, we were afraid it would fall off the stand and kill someone.  So, they carried the tree back outside and thanks to our friend, Chris, we exchanged it for a smaller one the next day.  Lesson learned- the trees look a lot bigger once you bring them inside.  I think ours ended up being the perfect size, not too big, not too small.


Katelyn's face cracks me up.

This is what happens when you forget to bring their jackets...



All done!

Not much makes me happier than matching Christmas Pjs :)

We finally got to meet Santa this weekend! We were debating where to take the kids, and Paul saw on Facebook that Brady's old school was having cookies with Santa on Saturday.  It sounded perfect to us.  It was a small group which was so nice. We literally walked in and they immediately got to sit on Santa's lap.  I was completely shocked that Katelyn did not cry.  I expected that Brady would not be scared at all, but I assumed Katelyn would want nothing to do with him.  She wouldn't smile for us, but she had no problem sitting on his lap.  

They also got to decorate cookies and draw pictures.  Brady drew a picture for Santa and Mrs. Claus. He also told him he wanted a choochoo and a race car.  He also said that Momma and Papa wanted a BIG race car (thanks buddy :)).  Katelyn was so happy sitting in that chair eating a cookie and coloring.  I have literally never seen her sit still for that long.  People kept commenting on how good she was, and I assured them that this was not normal.  She didn't want to leave!  They both loved it.


Katelyn before we left.

He was so excited!




She did NOT want to leave that chair.


1 comment:

  1. Haha I'm totally with your husband - I always want the massive trees and my husband had to drag me back to (ceiling height) reality! Glad you were able to exchange it! The kids looked so cute visiting Santa and those were some great looking Santa and Mrs. Claus!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips