Pre-Christmas Fun

Happy New Year!!  I'm back!  I took a little unplanned hiatus from my blog, but I just needed a break.  We were busy enough between work, the kids being out of school for Christmas break, the holidays, sickness (more on that), and I just needed to take a break from SOMETHING.  So, I have a lot of catching up to do from all of our holiday activities.

I swear that the last week before Christmas break is always cursed for our family.  It never fails a serious sickness hits our house right before the kids are out of school for 2 weeks.  Last year it was RSV and this year it was the flu :(.  Brady's school called Wednesday to tell me that he was running a fever.  I picked him up and took him to the doctor where he tested positive for the flu.  That night was awful, and it took him a good 4 days to get better.  The rest of us got on Tamiflu and thank goodness we were ok.  Paul and Katelyn may have had a more minor case, but no fever etc.

We were sad because we missed out on spending a lot of time with the cousins who were in town for the weekend, but by Sunday everyone was doing well and we finally got to all get together!  Luckily we also managed to go see the lights at Saluda Shoals before Brady got sick.  I don't know if he even noticed the lights, because he was just SO EXCITED that we let him sit in daddy's lap and drive the car :).  It will take me a couple of posts to update everyone on our Christmas this year, because it was a good one!

The flu :(((
Santa delivered my present a little early which I am SO EXCITED about!  I got a new console table for our foyer.  Slowly but surely our house is starting to be complete :).

Love!

Katelyn's first pigtails!!

Ho ho ho!

Finally able to hang with the cousins!


Nanna and Papa with all their grandchildren minus 1.  (With 7 there is always 1 who doesn't want to participate.)

Watching The Grinch with Uncle Dustin!
My sister, Katie came in town for a few days, and I am so glad we got to see her and Scarlett!  Katelyn and Scarlett are just 9 months apart.


Waldo (my dad) with his grand babies!
We had a great Christmas, and it is always so special to get to spend so much time with family.  I have so much more to post over the next couple of days.  Here's to a great 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips