Christmas Eve

It is amazing how fast Christmas crept up this year.  It was like it was summer and two minutes later, it was Christmas Eve.  We started out the day with baking our traditional Christmas Eve sugar cookies!  This proved to be a little more challenging this year with a 3 year old and a 1.5 year old.  I want them to "help" me as much as possible, but it gets a little frustrating when I am not much of  baker myself.  Thank goodness for my brother who is seriously a Godsend and helped me keep my sanity.  He is SO GOOD with Brady and Katelyn and just so helpful when he is here.  I literally cry every time he leaves.  Brady and Katelyn love him so much.

We got the cookies made and then prepared for everyone to come to our house for Christmas Eve dinner.  This is a tradition that we started when Brady was born, and I just love having everyone come to our house.  Brady and Katelyn stayed up WAY too late, but it was so fun.  We served a beef tenderloin with fingerling potatoes with truffle oil and brussel sprouts au gratin.  It was delicious!  I wish I took a picture, but it was so hectic getting dinner ready and watching the kids that I missed that detail.

Brady was so excited about Santa this year that it made Christmas so much fun!!  We had our elf, Elvin who came back and forth from the North Pole everyday, and I loved seeing Brady's excitement to find him every morning.  Katelyn loved him too and liked to show everyone who came over where he was.  If Katelyn was acting up, Brady would tell her, "Katelyn, Santa is NOT going to come see you!"  He really got the whole concept this year.

My little "helpers"

Cookies!

Thankful for a husband who is such a great cook!


The table setting (although I forgot to put out silverware- whoops!)

The whole crew (minus my father-in-law who is taking the picture).  Please excuse the fact that this is a terrible picture of Paul and me.


She was so excited!  She just kept saying, "OOOOH!!"

He loved his Buzz (or "Pause" as he calls him).



She is obsessed with her baby doll stroller.



Nanna and Brady


Santa came!!

....then he wrapped up the whole room to ensure there was no peeking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips