Playing Catch Up

This past week was a little crazy for us.  I had been planning on going on a bachelorette weekend for one of my friends for quite a while, but I didn't know that I would also have to be in Greenville (about a 2 hour drive away) for 3 days as well.  I left Wednesday morning around 7:30am, and I didn't get home until Saturday at 3:30pm.  That is the longest that I have been away from my kids EVER.  It was so hard to be away for that long, and I am thankful for such a good husband to take care of the kids by himself.

I was done with work in Greenville at about 2 on Friday, so I headed straight to Boone, NC from there.  It was an odd feeling being by myself for such a long time.  I don't get much alone time ever, so driving and then sleeping by myself for 3 straight nights was different.  It was a gorgeous drive to Boone, and it was kind of nice to just be alone with my thoughts taking in the breathe taking scenery.  The only problem I had is that I HATE driving in the mountains.  I get really worked up in stressful driving situations.  There were a couple of parts where the road was really windy, steep, and foggy.  I was terrified.  Then, I got lost at the end, because my trusty Maps kept directing me the wrong way.  I was freaking out.  Luckily I got in touch with the girls at cabin, and I finally found my way.  I was ready for a LARGE glass of wine by the time I got there.

We had so much fun celebrating Stephanie!  Lots of wine drinking, girl talk, and drinking games...








My original plan was to stay until Sunday, but after being gone for so long I just had to get home.  I basically held my breath the whole way down the mountain, and I breathed a sigh of relief when I made it to the main road.  I will never drive to the mountains by myself again...

It felt so good to get these 2 in my arms!!  I think they missed me a little bit.



Sunday we had a day full of family fun.  We went on a walk around the neighborhood in the morning and then played at the park.  It was such a gorgeous day, and it is finally starting to feel like fall.  I was excited to bust out their fall wardrobe.  I am especially obsessed with Katelyn's new corduroy bonnet!






After Katelyn's nap (and my failed attempt to get Brady to take a nap) we went out to mine and Paul's parents' neighborhood where they were having a big festival of sorts at the club.  They had a bounce house, fire truck, police car, games, face painting, popcorn, cotton candy, and more.  They had a great time.









We went out to dinner afterwards and then headed home for baths and bedtime.  It was such a fun day, and I did let Paul go play golf for a few hours since he was such a trooper to play single daddy for 3 days.  I am still trying to get back to normal after my crazy week. Hopefully I don't have to be away that long by myself again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips