Home Tour: Breakfast Room

I have gotten off track with my home tour, so I decided it was time for the next post!  Today I am featuring our breakfast room.  This is a room that we spend a lot of time in.  We have only eaten in our actual dining room maybe one time, so needless to say most meals are eaten right here!  I knew when we started building our house that I wanted an open floor plan, so the kitchen, great room, and breakfast room are all open to each other.  It is perfect for entertaining, and for watching kids when you are cooking.

The table and chairs are hand-me-downs from family.  We did paint the base of the table to match our decor.  We originally ordered really pretty fabric chairs from Restoration Hardware that we quickly decided belonged in the dining room.  Having two young kids, we just knew they would be ruined in no time.  To be honest, the chairs don't bother me, and they are great for kids.

I absolutely love the light fixture in this room.



I love this painting.  I knew I had to have it somewhere in our house the first time I saw it.


Fresh flowers always spice up a room, especially hydrangeas.  They are my favorite.


Brady used to always eat at this table.  Now he usually sits at the big table with us, but they still sit at this table to color and do crafts.


You can see below how the room opens up to the great room and the kitchen.


Paint color is Benjamin Moore Edgecomb Gray, kids table is the Carolina Small Table and Chairs from Pottery Barn Kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips