Thoughts on Thursday

I try my best to keep up with this blog, but then life gets busy, and it just gets put on the backburner.  Sometimes I am just burned out after working on the computer all day that the last thing I really want to do at night is get on the computer and write a blog post.  So, I apologize that I have been pretty boring lately.

There are a couple of noteworthy things going on.  One- for all you local people, The Monkey Hut consignment sale is going on now.  I am not one to really shop consignments, but this one is different.  It is only held twice a year, and a lot of the items are gently used boutique brands for a steal.  We all know how much kid's classic and smocked clothing can costs, so this is one sale I will shop.  It started Tuesday and goes through Saturday.  Friday and Saturday are 50% off days, so most of the items are marked down (it is up to the consigner if they want to discount their items).  As a bonus they donate a percentage the proceeds to charity as well.  Here are the items I scored:




Everything I bought is name brand and a lot of my favorites (Kelly's Kids, Shrimp and Grits, Le Za Me, Anavini...etc.).

Two- My baby boy is turning 3 on Saturday!!  I just really can't believe that he is already 3.  I remember like it was yesterday the day that he decided to make his entrance (6 weeks early!).  It was certainly not the birthday I had in mind, but it all worked out so perfectly.  You can read the birth story here.  Almost 3 years ago my life was forever changed.  It has been the absolute best 3 years ever.  He is the sweetest, most caring, fun little boy.  I will do an update on all of his latest and greatest soon.


My tiny, 5.5 lb little boy.

A few days old.
He was such a hairy little baby!  We lovingly called him werewolf and Elvis.  He had sideburns and hair everywhere!  I guess since he was born early all the extra hair babies have on their bodies in the womb had not gone away yet.  How has he already grown from that tiny 5.5 lb baby to this BIG 3 year old?!



We are having a birthday party on Saturday which happens to be his actual birthday.  I decided not to stress myself out and try to come up with all these cutesy details, because lets be honest, we do that stuff to impress the adults more so than the kids.  Brady will be so happy to just see his friends and family and bounce in the bounce house.  So, don't expect some crazy Pinterest themed party, because it ain't happening :).  But, I will of course post lots of pictures afterwards.

I am not going to lie, I may have teared up a couple of times writing this posts and thinking about how my kids are growing up way too fast.  Lord help me when he goes to kindergarden....


Linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.

Thoughts for Thursday

2 comments:

  1. We have a sale like that in Charleston and it is amazing the deals you can find! I sell and shop! You scored some great pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scores! My little one turns 3 next month and I can't believe how fast time is flying by! Happy birthday Brady!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips