KVD at 15 1/2 months

Katelyn is quickly turning from a baby to a toddler, and it is time to do an update on all of her latest developments before I forget them.

1.  She is finally walking!  She still gets down and crawls a lot, but she can stand up by herself and walk if she wants to.  She really loves showing off her skills, and she walks a lot more when people come over and cheer her on.

2. She is a momma's girl for sure.  She follows me everywhere, and always wants me to pick her up.  She even gives Paul the cold shoulder a lot, because she is just so into momma these days.  I know the tables will turn on me one day, so I will just enjoy it while it lasts.  Paul says that is what I get for being a baby hog :).

3. She is a talker.  When we are out and about and someone walks by her she will say, "Hi!"  Other things she says include, "all done" (tells us this after every meal), "what's dat?" (She constantly brings things to me and asks me this.), "Thank you.", "Momma", "Dada" (When Paul walks in the room she yells really loudly, DADA!), "cheese" (when I take her picture), "Uh oh" (She says uh-oh to mean either she dropped something, or there is somthing she wants and needs me to get it for her.  She will point and say, "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh".)  I have concluded that she learns words in two word phrases.

4.  She can make some animal noises including a dog and a monkey.

5.  She MUST do everything Brady is doing.  If I am getting Brady dressed, she will start pulling at her clothes for me to dress her too.  If Brady gets a snack, she wants one too.  If I give Brady a kiss, she must get a kiss as well.

6.  She has never been into Riley as much as Brady was, but lately she thinks he is really funny, and she likes when he licks her.

7.  She loves her sleep.  She goes to bed between 6:30-7:30pm and wakes up around 7:30am usually.  Some mornings she has slept as late as 9am.  She is having a hard time adjusting to her new school schedule, because she doesnt get as much sleep as she would at home.  The witching hour is rough.

8. She still loves to eat, and is not too picky.  Sometimes she will start throwing her food off of her tray if it is not what the princess desired for that night.  But, she is pretty good about eating a variety of things.  She still loves fruit most of all.

9.  She LOVES to dance, and the Curious George theme song is her favorite.  She knows when it is about to start and she gets all excited waiting for it to come on.  Then she just goes to town bouncing up and down and swaying back and forth.

10.  She likes to wear a bow in her hair, and will often times ask me to put her bow in.  She tells me, "thank you" after I put it in her hair.

11.  She is still obsessed with her bunny lovey and still does her little funny thing with her mouth when she is tired.  It is like she is pretending she is nursing.  It is so sweet and her tell-tale tired sign.  She also now sleeps with a little monkey stuffed animal we gave her.

12.  She got her first haircut about a week ago.  I know she doesnt havent much hair yet, but the back was starting to look like a rat tail.  I just had them even it up in the back so it would grow more evenly.  She did great, because Brady got his cut first which means naturally she needed hers cut. Her hair is also coming in blonde which makes me very happy :).

13.  Her favorite place to play in the playroom is in her kitchen.

14.  She loves to slide at the park.

15.  She is not too into baby dolls yet, but she does feed the baby her bottle sometimes which is really sweet.

16.  She is sweet, but she has a fiesty side too.  When she gets mad she will hit and pinch and bite.  She doesn't really know what she is doing, but she is just looking for a reaction.  She can also give a mean stank eye.

17.  Speaking of her sweet side, she likes to give everyone a kiss before they leave.  When I pick her up at school she kisses all of her teachers goodbye.  When anyone comes to visit us, she gives them kisses before they leave as well.

18.  She definitely still likes being the baby.  I tried to give my nephew a bottle at the beach, and Katelyn was having none of that.  She was basically trying to crawl up my leg and was screaming crying.  I handed him off to Paul, because Katelyn was upsetting him as well and then she was fine.  She clearly wants me to herself.

She and Brady are really starting to play together well, and they just love each other so much.  I always prayed that they would be this way with each other.  It is so sweet to watch.  We love you Katey Boo!






1 comment:

  1. Love this update as Katelyn is only a month older than my son Brody. It's fun to hear about things to come especially when it relates to talking. It's so much fun to watch their little vocabularies expand!! Your family is so adorable and I love Katelyn's adorable Lilly Dress!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips