Our weekend

I was thankful for a short week last week.  We are all still trying to adapt to our new routine.  I think both of the kids are happy at school, but of course it came with the inevitable back to school colds.  Thankfully we avoided having to go to the doctor, and they are both recovered now.  Katelyn has been so cranky in the afternoons, because although she naps at school, it is much shorter than she would at home.  She clings to me and fusses from about 5pm- bath time.  I forgot how much longer it takes to get out the door when I have to drop two kids off at school.  I have got to get better about being more organized the night before so we aren't doing a fire drill in the morning. 

Thursday was Paul's birthday.  We went to Bonefish with his dad and then had cupcakes at our house.  The kids are never disappointed with cupcakes!


Paul finally put together the wagon that Brady got for his first birthday- yes you read that right, Brady's first birthday.  We didn't really have room for it at our old house, and it has been sitting in our garage since we moved in.  They are both loving it, and it will be great when the weather gets a little cooler. Speaking of the weather- what is going on around here?!  We had a relatively mild summer, and then here comes September and I break a sweat just walking out the door.


We (by we I mean Paul) also put together this contraption that Katelyn got for her birthday.  It was like Christmas around here!  It is so cute, because I think Katelyn really thinks she is steering us.  We walked to the park on Saturday morning and let the kids play for a while until it got way too hot.




They had some cousins in town, so we went to dinner at the Pancake House.  It turns out that is the place to go on a Saturday night, because there is NO ONE there.  It was perfect for our party of 10.  Katelyn loves all the attention she gets from her big cousins.


Speaking of this little girl, she is WALKING!  She and Brady have been on the exact same time frame in terms of crawling and walking.  He also started walking between 15 and 16 months.  She is growing up so quickly on me, and I am planning to do an update on all of her most recent tricks soon.  I'm so proud of her, and she is certainly very proud of herself as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips