A quarter of a century

...that is how old I turned this week.  Do I feel any older?  Not really.  This year was probably the most unanticipated birthday I have had yet.  Not because I don't want to turn 25, or I didn't care, I just honestly didn't think about it.  I have been so wrapped up in planning Brady's 1st birthday party that I had not really thought about my own.  It's amazing how your priorities change when you have a baby.  But regardless, my 25th birthday has come and gone, and it was great!  Paul did the baby duties in the morning so I could sleep in (by "sleep in" I mean the extra 15 minutes before I had to get up and get ready for work).  I left work early to get my hair done, and when I got there they informed me that my husband had already taken care of the bill!  They even gave me a glass of wine at the salon. 


When I got home, Paul had flowers for me and some sweet cards.  My dad and step mom came over to babysit so Paul and I could go out to dinner.  We went to a new restaurant in Columbia, Cola's.  It had a cool atmosphere, and the food was really good.  The only thing that was just so so was the appetizer we ordered (the shrimp dumplings- wouldn't suggest them).  They also had my favorite wine on the menu, double plus!  It was nice to get out for some fine dining sans baby.  The weather was nasty, but we made the best of it.  We were still home by about 9:00 and in bed by 9:30 - I know we live our lives on the wild side.  But, that is the idea of a perfect night out in my book. 


Funny side story: We get home, and I ask how everything went with Brady.  You see last time they came over to babysit I left a novel on instructions for Brady and caught some grief.  So this time, I didn't leave ANY instructions, just gave my dad the quick run through of his bed time (which I knew would be neglected), where his PJs were, bottle, etc.  I remembered at dinner I forgot to put out a towel for Brady, but figured oh well they will figure it out.  I mention this to my dad that I was sorry we didn't leave a towel out.  He replied, "That's alright we just grabbed the ones that were hanging on the back of the door."  My reply, "Oh really, well those were the towels we washed Riley with."  Yes, Brady got cleaned with the dog's towel.  Gotta love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips