The difference a week makes

Oh my, this boy is giving us a run for our money.  It seems like over night he changed from a baby to a little boy.  He is ALL OVER THE PLACE.  We had to move his mattress all the way down in his crib, because he started sitting up and pulling up on his crib when we put him down for naps.  Oh and naps...naps are a battle.  It goes like this: put him down in his crib, 3 minutes later his sitting straight up and crawling all around the crib, go back in lay him down, 3 minutes later- UP!  Ok new tactic, leave him alone until he wears himself out, baby starts crying, moves from crying to banging his head on the side of the crib.  Really??! Smart boy, momma is not going to leave you in your room banging your head on the side of the crib.  Also noticed I mentioned CRAWLING all around the crib.  Brady has been army crawling or scooting around for a while now, but not full on crawling, well we have made the transition. And, he is into everything!  Take the computer cord out of his hand, oh no, full on meltdown!

(Picture of his monitor) Planning his escape..

He had his first sickness this week too.  Poor baby boy had a fever of 101.9, and he was very congested.  We took him to the doctor, and he said he had an upper respiratory infection.  They prescribed him an antibiotic, and I took off work the rest of the week to take care of him.  So, guess who was next to get the sickness- this girl. Staying home with a sick baby when you're sick yourself, and your baby has just learned all these new tricks on how to get into trouble makes for an exhausted momma!  The first day he also decided he was NOT going to take a nap. (Did I mention he is also cutting his two front teeth?)  Not going to lie, I found myself thinking how thankful I was that I am a working mom.  I think it is healthy for my sanity, and makes me a much better mom. Anyone who thinks that stay at home moms have it made, you just put yourself in their shoes for a week, bet you would change your mind!

Poor sick, cranky boy :(
Hi nap this morning started with the same shenanigans.  But, he wasn't fussing, just exploring his crib rather than sleeping.  So, I just left him alone and found him like this:


How freakin' cute is he?
Brady has always been a great sleeper at night.  He doesn't make a peep when you put him down, and usually just goes right to sleep.  The other night I put him down, checked his monitor a few minutes later and he was sitting up, but not making a sound. He literally sat in the same position and didn't move a muscle for what must have been 15 minutes.  I asked Paul if he thought he was sleeping sitting up.  Then, he leaned over.  I went to check on him and he was literally sleeping with his legs out in front of him in sitting position and his body just laid on top of them.  That couldn't have been comfortable, but it was pretty hilarious!  He woke up when we were spying on him, so I gently laid him down on his back, and he went right to sleep- silly boy!


Don't get me wrong, he is still his sweet, happy self (most of the time).  He is feeling much better, thank goodness.  It just amazes me how much he can change in such a short period of time.  He is so much fun these days, and has the cutest little personality.  He is very interested in new things, and his favorite spot on the floor is in mommy's lap!  He still LOVES his dog, and it is so cute to see them interact with each other.  Riley is a great big dog-brother.  Speaking of Ri- today is his 5th birthday!  I can't believe our first fur child is already 5 years old.  Even though your life has changed dramatically, we still love you so much!  Happy birthday Roo Roo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips