Brady's 1st day at Kathwood

Neither Paul or I wanted to miss out on taking Brady to his first day of "pre-school".  So, we both got ready to take him together.  We were fashionably late of course.  This is no big deal as Brady is just in  the Toddler class, and there is no set time that they have to be there.  However, it put me a good 45 minutes late for work- whoops.  Brady did so great on his first day.  He was so excited when we got there!  You know he had to wear his Gamecock gear to represent for his team since it was game day.



All the little toddler monkey's on the door.

After we got in the classroom, Brady just sat in the same spot taking it all in!  There is a little girl in the class that has the exact same birthday as Brady.  However, she is already walking and a good deal bigger than him.  She came right up to him and started patting him gently on the head.  Then, she reached down and gave him a big hug!  She basically tackled him on the floor.  It was hilarious.  She has already claimed him as her man.  I don't blame her; he is one handsome little boy.


There was a bit of chaos going on in the room which left Paul and I a little uneasy, but we have to remember it was the first day.  There were two little boys having full on meltdowns.  It is going to take some adjusting for all of the kids to get used to their new class.  Part of me wanted to go scoop Brady up and take him home, but I stayed strong and went on to work.

We sign an agreement to get permission before posting any pictures of other kids at school, hence the blurred faces.

Paul couldn't take it for too long and went to pick Brady up at about 11:45 so he could eat lunch and nap at home.  He called me at work and said that Brady was doing great.  The teacher said he was the best one in the class.  The only time he got a little fussy was when she was washing his hands after making this picture for me.  I had not even seen the picture yet, and I almost cried!  You know it is proudly displayed on our fridge.  These are the mommy moments I live for.

First homemade art by my baby boy!
Overall it was a great day.  I think we have made the right choice with sending Brady to Kathwood.  Bring on the stuffy nose, but I am looking forward to watching Brady grow this "school" year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips