Dreaming of a new home: bathroom addition

When Paul and I got married almost 3 years ago, I moved into his bachelor pad.  And, our house is pretty much still a bachelor pad (minus the nursery).  I don't think bachelor pads come with a nursery.  The nursery is actually my favorite room in the house.  It is the only room that I have decorated from scratch, and the only room that has furniture I picked out.  Don't get me wrong I do love our little house, and I love our location.  That is the reason we have had such a hard time finding a new house.  I don't want to give up our in town location, but it is hard to find a newer/larger home in town that doesn't cost a fortune.

I love looking at design inspiration for one day when we do find a new home.  Paul immediately starts telling me that I need to stop looking at all these pictures, because we are not spending the kind of money.  A girl can dream right?  I try to explain to him that these are just ideas that I LIKE.  You can always makes things work on a budget.

I wanted to share some of the inspiration for our master bathroom that I have found.  The biggest thing that our home is lacking now is storage space!  So, that is one thing that I will make sure I have PLENTY of in our next home.  While I was researching I made sure to look for pieces with plenty of drawers, cabinets, etc.  Here are just a few ideas that I love:



I really like the dark wood with the marble white counter.  (I know Paul, we won't be getting marble countertops.) I also love the gray walls, the storage space, and the cute monogrammed hand towel.


I really like a stand alone tub.  It kind of has an antique feel to it.  I also like the gray walls and the "his" and "her" sink areas.


Although I wouldn't do wood floors in a bathroom I like the contrast of the dark floor to the white cabinets.  Again I like the stand alone tub, and I love the idea of having a separate vanity area to do my hair and make up.



I love the idea of a big walk in glass shower.  I love taking a bath, but the reality is I use the shower way more often.  I want to have a large shower where it is easy to shave my legs...not too much to ask right?


Ok, yeah this one is just in my dreams, but how gorgeous is that?!

What do y'all think?  Do you like the contrast of the dark wood with the white countertop, or do you prefer a more "spa like" bathroom in all white/ light colors?

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips