Favorite foods and life update

I was on a role with updating my blog, and then life got in the way!  Brady was very sick last week and  had us worried to death, but that is for another post.  We have kept him out of daycare all this week so we didn't risk him getting sick again or getting the other kids sick.  He has to be healthy for his birthday party this weekend!  He is 100% better now, and we are so so thankful.

I thought I would do a little post on Brady's recent favorite foods.  Brady loves to eat, there is no denying that.  But, he definitely has his favorites.  If he sees these favorites before the rest of his meal, that is all he will eat.  We have recently learned that he is a pineapple feen!  Paul bought some the other day and gave it to Brady at lunch for the first time.  He told me that he really liked it, so I gave him a little bit at dinner.  You could barely put them on his high chair fast enough before he was inhaling them!

He is also a strawberry lover.  And when he eats strawberries, you find them ALL over the place later.

I have a hard time coming up with finger foods to give him that are healthy, and that he will eat.  I found this recipe on Wholesome Baby Food's website.  Brady also LOVES sweet potatoes, so I figured this would be a hit with him and it definitely is.

Sweet Potato Fries


Ingredients:

6 medium to large sweet potatoes

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F)

Scrub sweet potatoes, clean and/or peel them if baby cannot handle the skins

Cut the sweet potatoes into sizes that will suit your needs or, cut into strips that you may then cut down after baking

In a large bowl, add about 1/4 cup of olive oil.

To this you may add cinnamon, ginger, a pinch of brown sugar, etc.. (I add cinnamon and sometimes a bit of brown sugar).

Toss the cut up sweet potatoes into the bowl and stir so that the potatoes are drenched with the olive oil mix.

Dump mixture onto a baking sheet and drizzle the remaining olive oil in the bowl over the potatoes on the baking sheet. Stir and swirl the potatoes on the baking sheet before placing in oven. Bake for approx 30-45minutes or until tender.


I am also trying to transition him from formula to whole milk.  So far he doesn't like the milk too much. But, we are working on it!

Speaking of favorites, while at work today I got this picture from my husband:



Is that my baby at Baskin Robbins with his Papa?  Why yes it is.  Have I ever given my baby ice-cream?  No I haven't!  Call me mean mommy, but I'm pretty strict on the healthy foods only.  The things they get away with when mama's not around...

I also then received these pictures:



Yes, that is Paul and Brady at the toy store.  As if he is not spoiled enough, and has a birthday party this weekend, they take him to the toy store.  Who looks more excited to be there Paul or Brady?  I smiled from ear to ear when I got this picture on my phone.

Yes, he came home with this toy.

And, and it looks like he also picked up a birthday present.

Our little boy just doesn't know how much he is loved.  He spent the morning with his Waldo and the afternoon with his Daddy and Papa.  I am so happy that we live near family so Brady is able to see them all the time.  There is nothing more precious to me than my family. I can't believe my baby will be 1 tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. I was so going to suggest natural sweet potato fries when I saw this post! Another one I've recently tried with River is a homemade mannicotti, not the MOST healthy, but I found some different low fat cheese suggestions, all natural, that make me feel better about making it.. and it's a plus that my big kids love it too! - And it opens up River's taste buds to different things. I buy a lot of fresh veggies and steam them to a good texture for her so she can try different things that way as well, she definitely doesn't like everything but I've learned with my two previous children that the more I offer the food, a lot of times they eventually develop a taste for them. And I had huge success with her and Asparagus after about the 5th attempt :)

    You are doing amazing Meredith, seriously. You've taken first time momhood with such an open mind and an absolute natural maternal spirit. I love keeping up with you and Brady!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips