Another weekend, another party

Our third and final party we hosted was this past Saturday. Three parties in two weeks is a lot, but it is always worth the effort when you see how much everyone appreciates it.  One of my best friends and college roommate, Stephanie, is getting married in October.  We had a kitchen shower for her.  It was fun for all of us to be able to get together now that we live in D.C., Columbia, Charleston, Charlotte, and Myrtle Beach!

All the hostesses with the bride- love y'all!

We had a sandwich bar with chicken salad, egg salad, and pimento cheese with different bread selections along with pasta salad, chocolate covered strawberries, mini cupcakes, and sweet tea.

The spread

My friend, Samantha, made the cupcakes and she shared a secret with us that they were half the calories as normal cupcakes.  She substituted diet sprite for the eggs and oil. I would have never known the difference.  They tasted so good and moist!



I'm so impressed that Jewell made these herself.


The bride's mom started a scrapbook for her, so we decided to put out a scrapbook page for this shower and have everyone sign it.


We had everyone fill out a spoon with their recipe for a good marriage. (What did we do before Pinterest?)


Party favors for the guest.

How cute are these hostess gifts she gave us??  They each came with a bottle of wine included.  She knows us too well. 


We still have the sorority squat down.

The beautiful bride with me and my girl.

Notice my new Kendra Scott Rayne necklace?  Paul got it for me for my birthday.  I love it!  They were sold out of the pink at Nordstrom, but who knew that Amazon sells Kendra Scott jewelry?  I should have known.  Amazon has everything!

Love these girls so much!
Sunday was a rainy day, so we didn't do much but hang out at the house.  Brady took a road trip to see his Ma-ma.

Friday was our babysitters last day, and we are going to miss her so much.  The kids had such a great summer with her, and all I hear about all day from Brady is "Miss Claire" said this, "Miss Claire" told me that.  School starts back in a week for us, but we will actually be at the beach, so they are going to miss the first week.  I have to say I'm really not looking forward to them going back to school.  It has been so nice having them at home all summer!  Good luck Miss Claire.  We can't wait to see you again soon!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower! I love that secret for the cupcakes, I would have never thought of subbing diet sprite! And I may have to steal that hostess gift idea, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes- best hostess gifts ever!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips