Thoughts on Thursday

This morning I actually woke up at 5:30 and went to a fitness class with two of my friends.  They have been trying to get me to come for a while now, and I finally decided to do it.  I am SO not a morning person, and I haven't done an actual workout in probably 2 years.  It actually felt really good (other than the part where I had to run out of the room because I thought I was going to pass out/throw up).  No joke.  I think it was the mix of getting up way earlier than usual, not having anything to eat, and taking a class called "Intensity" when you haven't worked out in ages.  But, I am happy that they made me go.  With school starting back soon I want to make an effort to add working out back into my routine.




Yesterday felt like Thursday all day.  So, now today feels like Friday, but it's not.  Boo.  I have learned that the best way to get business is to either go on vacation or have something else to do.  We don't have a babysitter this week, and school doesn't start until next week, so Paul and I have been alternating staying home with the kiddos.  So naturally I am the busiest I have been all month.  I can sit in my office all day and my phone won't ring once.  As soon as I leave everyone starts calling.  Is it just me or is that how it goes?

I am just loving Brady and Katelyn at this age.  They are each other's best friend and two peas in a pod.  If I ask Brady for a hug, Katelyn comes crawling over for a hug (yes, still crawling).  If I tell Brady to come get dressed, Katelyn starts pulling at her PJs to get dressed too.  If Brady gets sent to time-out Katelyn always has to go check on him.  Brady always asks if Katelyn can come with him wherever we go.  I hope they are always best buddies.

Katelyn is still crawling, but she has taken her first steps by herself!  I know she will be walking any time now.






Paul made some AH-MAZING homemade lasagne last night.  God sure did bless me with a man that can cook.  Thank goodness for that or we would be surviving on scrambled eggs and spaghetti.  Those are about the only two things I feel confident cooking.  And honestly, I just really hate cooking.  So, I don't have too much motivation to work on my skills.



School is right around the corner, and I am pretty proud of myself for being somewhat organized.  I have already purchased all the school supplies, ordered monogrammed book bags (because those are crucial), and both kids have new shoes.  They go to meet their teachers on Friday morning, and then they are skipping their first week of school to go to the beach...whoops.

Speaking of the beach...I can't wait!  This is my dad and step mom's beach house that we are going to, and they rent it all summer, which means we have to wait to go during a less popular week.  It's kind of nice though, because we get to soak up the end of the summer.  I am really not looking forward to the fall.  I just love the summertime so much.  I am sad to see it go.  Thankfully it stays warm here for another couple of months.

In honor of our beach trip coming up, here is a picture from last year. My babies are growing too fast!


Beach trip 2013


Also, don't forget the Kate Spade surprise sale ends today!

Linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.


Thoughts for Thursday

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip! That lasagna looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Isn't a man who cooks just the BEST?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about jumping in full-force to a workout after a long hiatus! Go girl! LOL. Keep it up, it will get better. Don't worry about Katelyn not walking yet...my 2nd waited until 16 mos! Even though I knew he had the motor skills to do it if he wanted to. Often, when they have an older sibling to do everything for them, the urgency is just not there. :-) Found you via Thoughts linkup...I'm in SC too - Charleston!
    -Morgan
    California To Carolina
    The Gym Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a morning person either but the (very) few times I've worked out in the AM it feels SO good! Good for you for getting up so early for it, especially with two adorable kiddos! Love your daughter's name :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is the cook in our family too!! Those two are so cute together- so glad they play well together/get along, I'm very nervous to have 2!! Have fun at the beach! We went at the end of August last summer and it was so nice because the beach was so empty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips